TechnoServe Senior Business Advisor Job Vacancy – Connected Farmer Alliance Program
Technoserve Background: TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
Program Overview: TechnoServe is implementing a $10 million Global Development Alliance (GDA) funded by USAID and Africa’s leading Mobile Network Operator (MNO).
Pillar I will create supply chain efficiencies that improve agribusiness ROI on smallholder sourcing, while linking rural women and men farmers to commercial markets.
Position: The Senior Business Advisor (SBA) will be the technical lead of all CFA solution development, customization, up scaling and commercialization activities.
Duties & Responsibilities:
1. Project Management
- Deputize the Program Manager on the launch of country-specific CFA program activities and ensure excellence in execution;
- Enable accurate and timely reporting to all stakeholders and partners as well as meet TechnoServe internal processes
- Monitor program results and achievements and identify lessons learned and areas of improvement for the CFA and future programming.
- Carry out country-specific mobile solution impact analysis including business cases to better understand the impact of the developed and scaled solution to our target clients and beneficiaries
- Maintain project work plan and activity budget on the areas of jurisdiction
- Ensure timeliness and quality of activity implementation
- Actively participate in regular team meetings to track implementation progress and share relevant program and administrative data
- Support the production of narrative and M&E reports by collecting relevant data for monitoring and evaluation purposes
- Ensure excellence in execution of all program activities and events
- In liaison with the Program Manager, represent CFA and TNS at internal and external functions;
- Understand, respect and promote TechnoServe’s values, vision, and strategy in the implementation of assigned duties.
- Support the Program Manager and be the driver in development of business requirements for the mobile solution development and customization, incorporating input from agribusiness partners and farmers and iterating with key stakeholders as necessary
- Participate in solution development and customization technical meeting with developers, Safaricom and Vodafone
- Support the Program Manager in identifying, selecting and engaging agribusiness partners in-country and sign to MOUs
- Establish and manage day-to-day relationships, on matters of solutions development and customization, with Developers and Kenyan agribusiness partners during all phases of the program
- Support the Program Manager and drive all Kenya marketing and customer acquisition activities. In specific drive all mobile supply chain solution commercialization processes and activities.
- Constantly collect data on the set of KPIs and report the team on progress
- In liaison with the Program Manager develop and drive CFA financial services intervention strategy
- Support the Program Manager in establish and manage day-to-day relationships with Safaricom and the Kenyan financial institutions during all phases of the program
- In liaison with the Program Manager drive the identification, selection and engagement of the financial institution partner’s in-country and sign to MOUs.
- Provide technical support in the development and commercialization of the DigiFarm solution
- Provide technical support in scaling-up selected Safaricom existing Mobile financial solution
- Support the Program Manager and drive all Kenya marketing and customer acquisition activities. In specific drive all mobile financial services solution commercialization processes and activities.
- Ensure constant monitoring and evaluation of the solution impact.
- Backstop the Program Manager in managing the day-to-day relationship with @iLabAfrica / @iBizAfrica
- Support the Program Manager in establishing and managing day-to-day relationship with Safaricom, ensuring their involvement in business selection and support of the accelerator as a corporate sponsor due to their key contributing role to ICT incubation success.
- Support the Program Manager and drive activities to create visibility and stimulate applications for the Accelerator in Kenya
- Ensure constant monitoring and evaluation of the VAS impact.
- Support the Business Advisor – Capacity building in designing and delivering of training to Kenyan clients on the use and management of relevant mobile solutions.
- Support Kenyan team members in implementing all aspects of the program gender integration plan
- Support the Regional and Country M&E team in the design and implementation of M&E activities.
- The prospective candidate will be a degree holder in a business related/Information Technology or Agribusiness field
- At least 3 years of experience in marketing mobile technology products (application/software’s etc) to Agribusinesses will be an added advantage
Position Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word-formatted single document consisting of cover letter and resume to [email protected]
TechnoServe is an Equal Opportunity Employer