Monitoring & Evaluation Manager
Smallholder Poultry Agribusiness Development Program (SPADE)
TechnoServe Background: TechnoServe is an international, non-profit organization that develops business solutions to poverty by linking people to information, capital and markets.
In keeping with this belief, TechnoServe works with enterprising people in the developing world to build competitive farms, businesses and industries.
Our work is rooted in the idea that given the opportunity, hardworking men and women in even the poorest places can generate income, jobs and wealth for their families and communities.
With more than four decades of proven results, we believe in the power of private enterprise to transform lives.
Program Description: TechnoServe is implementing the Smallholder Poultry Agribusiness Development Program (SPADE), a three indigenous chicken value chain development initiative that focuses on five counties of Siaya, Kisumu, Hombabay , Kakamega and Bungoma funded by United States Department of Agriculture (USDA).
The overall program goal is to sustainably improve the livelihoods of 12,000 smallholder poultry producers of indigenous chickens, and in doing so help 50,450 individuals improve their livelihoods.
All of these beneficiaries will also benefit from greater food security through increased availability of high quality poultry protein (as will tens of thousands of additional consumers), and greater access to a wide range of nutritional foods due to improved incomes.
This will be achieved through three strategic objectives; sustainably improve and enhance smallholder farmers poultry production, enhanced access to financial services for smallholder poultry farmers, expand and improve poultry market access for smallholder poultry farmers
Provide management of the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) components of the Smallholder Poultry Agribusiness Development Program (SPADE) program.
The M&E Manager will work closely with the Business Advisors, Senior Business Advisors and the management.
S/he will be responsible for enabling evidence-based decision-making processes by project leadership, maintenance of SPADE M&E systems, and effective implementation of SPADE M&E activities.
Duties and Responsibilities
M&E Systems and Processes:
- Responsible for monitoring and evaluating program performance in accordance with the logical framework and reporting requirements;
- Be able to design / review and implement a robust M&E system ( PMP) to facilitate performance measurement throughout the project lifecycle
- Be able to enter data into and analyze information from M&E systems for use throughout project lifecycle;
- Undertake regular visits to the field to support implementation of M&E activities;
- Ensure quality control and identify where adaptations might be needed;
- Ensure timely completion of major M&E deliverables, regular periodic analysis of data to identify and communicate lessons-learned, and regular periodic presentation of data and analyses to project management;
- Work with Program Manager to integrate M&E data into program planning and decision-making processes;
- Work with project team members to collect and analyze data on a regular basis;
- Review, monitor, and analyze reports for impact evaluation;
- Help to identify the cause of potential bottlenecks in implementation;
- Support the production of narrative reports that meet donor requirements and management decisions;
- Contribute to determining the effectiveness of technical training packages.
- Degree in business, economics, statistics or international development-related studies required;
- At least 3 years of experience with M&E methods and approaches, including designing, planning, and implementing M&E systems, analyzing and reporting using a logical framework and other strategic planning approaches;
- Proven ability to work with various M&E methods and approaches;
- Ability to identify and measure social indicators is critical;
- Excellent information analysis and report writing.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communication skills a must;
- Ability to generate innovative solutions in work situations;
- Proven ability and experience working with teams will be an added advantage;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required;
Qualified and interested applicants should submit a Word formatted single document consisting of cover letter, resume and salary history to [email protected]
Please identify the position for which you are applying in the subject line.
Only applicants meeting minimum qualifications will be considered or contacted.
No phone calls please.
Deadline for applications is 31st January 2014