Vacancy Announcement: Business Plan Competition Entrepreneurship Training Consultants
Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE) Regional
General Information: TechnoServe (TNS) is a nonprofit international development organization founded in 1968. Its mission is to help entrepreneurial men and women break the cycle of poverty by building businesses that create jobs, income, and economic opportunities for their families, their communities, and their countries.
Our work focuses on identifying promising business opportunities with a positive economic role for and impact on the rural poor.
Our approach is based on hiring high-performing people who share our vision of private sector solutions to generate sustainable solutions to poverty.
We believe in hard work, creativity, and leveraging the dynamism of talented people.
We are committed to innovation, learning, and results, with a global team drawn from world-class industry and management consulting firms.
We are currently working in more than 20 countries in Africa, Latin America, and Asia.
Purpose: The Consultant Trainers will train the Business Plan Competition (BPC) participants of the Strengthening Rural Youth Development through Enterprise (STRYDE) program.
The STRYDE Program is a regional youth enterprise development program designed to enable 15,000 rural youth aged 18 to 30 to have a more successful transition into economically independent adulthood, increasing their opportunity, ability and motivation to engage in income-generating activities.
The training on entrepreneurship will be delivered to rural youth in Kenya.
TechnoServe is seeking applications from interested and qualified consultants to deliver the training using the TechnoServe STRYDE designed curriculum, which will be a 14-18 hours training delivered in 3 days.
The purpose of the 3 day training is to help youth develop excellent business plans that when implemented will improve their income-generation potential over the long term, increase their ability to adapt and respond to ever-changing economic conditions with confidence, and ultimately help them to become active contributors and financially independent members of society.
Training consultants who are contracted for the work will participate in an initial 3 day TOT, which will be facilitated by TechnoServe STRYDE training department.
They will have the opportunity to enhance their Training skills and to receive coaching from the lead STRYDE curriculum designers on the methodology and curriculum content.
Activities and Deliverable Timeline
- March 12th to 15th 2014- active participation in 3 day TechnoServe facilitated TOT and feedback from Regional Training Manager
- March 23rd to 5th April 2014 3day Entrepreneurship training in Bomet, Kirinyaga and Nyeri Counties
- April 15th 2014, submission of final training reports from the consultants
Note: Depending on the STRYDE program timeline the precise due dates for the activities may shift.
The final dates will be agreed with the consultant upon signing of the contract.
- Degree qualifications in business or agricultural-related studies required
- At least 5 years of experience in education, adult learning, or working on capacity building projects;
- Development experience, entrepreneurship skills, and experience working with youth training and/or mentorship programs preferred;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills a must;
- Strong interpersonal and collaborative skills required;
- Ability to conduct effective training sessions;
- Fluency in English and Kiswahili required; ability to communicate in the local languages of the training areas preferred.
- Proven ability and experience working with teams will be an added advantage.
- Willingness and ability to travel to remote rural locations in Kenya.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their applications to [email protected]
indicating the posting title in the subject line.
Applications should be sent as ONE ATTACHMENT or as a zip file and need to include:
1) CV and company profile(if applicable)
2) Cover letter specifying which county you are interested in training in, experience in these
area/s and stating desired compensation rate
3) Three professional references
Deadline for application is Thursday 14th of February 2014
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted