Techno Brain GIS Job in Namibia – Project Manager Needed
Posted: Aug 19, 2013
Techno Brain GIS Project Manager Job in Namibia
Techno Brain, an ISO 9001: 2008 certified & CMMI Level 3 company, is Africa’s leading custom software application provider.
Techno Brain offers innovative software solutions to Government, NGO, and large Private organizations.
Due to the recent expansions Techno Brain seeks to recruit an excellent Project Manager GIS for Kenya office with consistent travel and first 6 months to be based in Namibia.
The successful applicant will join a professional staff focused on planning and applying GIS and related technologies to satisfy specific customer needs which include: spatial data development, web applications development and/or hosting as well as enterprise system design, architecture and implementation.
This position entails both hands-on GIS software skills and the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously across Africa. Strong communication skills are required for both direct customer and colleague interaction and acting as a liaison between the client and TBL specialists (i.e. data development and programming staff).
Applicants should also have a minimum of 5 years of experience with the Esri suite of software products, and SQL Server and/or Oracle RDBMS.
Experience with project management and collaboration tools such as Microsoft Project and Sharepoint is plus.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with customers to understand business requirements.
- Work with customers and project team to determine project scope, budget, schedule and deliverables.
- Oversee risk management, change control and quality assurance activities.
- Supervise project team in application design, development, testing and deployment.
- Schedule customer meetings to update about project status
- Develop project work plans and determine resource requirements.
- Monitor and control project expenses within allotted budget.
- Plan, coordinate and oversee project activities to ensure on-time delivery.
- Ensure that project deliverables meet quality standards and business requirements.
- Develop and enforce department policies and GIS standards.
- Analyze GIS problems and provide immediate resolutions.
- Maintain accurate client communication and project documentations.
- Respond to customer enquiries and concerns promptly and professionally.
- Evaluate individual performance and provide appropriate feedback.
- Applicants should have working knowledge of implementing GIS for both public and private sectors in some, or all of the following areas:
- System planning and user requirements gathering
- Data collection methods
- Database management and SQL
- Application specification and development (both web and desktop)
- Tax parcel and utility mapping
Candidates should have, at a minimum:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to GIS; graduate degree is a plus
- 5 years of professional GIS experience; local government GIS is a plus
- 2 years of GIS project management experience (e.g. budgeting, scheduling, customer relationship management and business development);
- Job experience in GIS professional consulting is considered a strong plus.
- Sound technical knowledge of Geographic Information Systems
- Ability to work as part of a team and lead a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly motivated and enthusiastic
- Willing to learn and transfer knowledge and skills
- Able to travel, work in a multicultural environment
If you meet the above requirements please email your CV to [email protected] by August 31st 2013 indicating your current and expected remuneration.
Applications without salary details shall not be considered