Technical Sales Development Executive Job in Nairobi, Kenya
equipping them with the skills to tackle and grow the battery business.
prospective accounts through a relationship-based approach.
- Explore sales opportunities by researching and identifying potential customers, soliciting new accounts, providing technical information and explanation while building lasting relationships with the trade
- Assess competitors by analyzing and summarizing competitors’ information and trends after which the information is shared with the sales leadership while proposing objective solutions and strategies
- Researches sources for developing prospective customers and for information to determine their potential and ensuring deals are sealed.
- Keeps abreast of product application, technical services, market conditions, competitive activities, advertising and promotional trends through reading of pertinent literature and consulting with marketing and technical service areas
- Participate in trade shows, convention and promotion activities.
- Effectively manage orders to individual client’s requirement, oversee transferring of order to fulfilment and ensuring agreed delivery dates are realized.
- Ensure customers operates within agreed credit terms with EEAL. Establish validity of their discount and incentive payouts, ensuring all agreed company procedures are followed before authorization.
- Develop distribution network to its full potential by recruiting, training and evaluating dealers’performance.
- Maintains and improves quality results by following standards while recommending improved i. policies and procedures.
- Develops accounts by checking their buying history and recommending listing of j. new and
- related items while fully explaining their technical features.
- Provide management with oral and written reports (weekly and monthly on customer needs problems interest and potential for new product lines).
- Degree in Engineering from a recognized institution
- Proven sales/marketing experience (2-3 yrs.) in a competitive environment.
- Self-confidence, persistence, initiative and enthusiasm
- Good communication and negotiating skills
- Ability to build rapport and gain trust
- Organizational skills and self-discipline required to manage their time effectively
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to cope with uncertainty, stress and long hours
Applicants should email their applications attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be addressed to: [email protected]
Applications should be received by 13th February 2014.
Applicant earning more than Kshs 70,000 need not apply.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.