Technical Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 18, 2014
Silverstone Tyres (K) Limited, a leading company in the automotive field, seeks to recruit a Technical Manager
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities:
Technical Manager shall head a team of technicians to provide customers with technical service on passenger vehicles, vans and commercial trucks. The role requires travel to customer premises and fleet yards.
Other responsibilities include:
- Training of fleet tyre technicians
- Handling tyre customer complaints – working in coordination with the sales team on product problems and customer technical issues
- Conducting tyre scrap analysis on customer yards and provide analysis and recommendations.
- Evaluating customer needs training of fleet customers on best practices for tyre management
- Effective management of the tyre management system
- Preparing weekly plans for technicians and presenting monthly technical report to management
- Making presentations of tyre management service to current and potential clients
- Maintaining all tyre department equipment/tools and keep in safe working order
Skills and Specifications:
- A degree in mechanical/production/automotive engineering from a recognized institution
- At least a minimum Grade of B( Plain ) in KCSE
- Good interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Be able to work under pressure as team player, with minimal supervision.
- Experience working with motor vehicles plus an interest in practical or manual work with an aptitude for technical specifications.
- At least 3 years working experience
Interested candidates should submit their CVs through [email protected] on or before 30th March 2014