Tea Board Of Kenya Jobs: Public Relations
The Tea Board of Kenya (TBK) is a Parastatal with the mandate of regulating and promoting the development of Kenya’s tea industry. The Board wishes to recruit a highly driven officer for the
PUBLIC RELATIONS OFFICER
Reporting to the Corporate Relations Executive, the successful candidate will be required to
coordinate the TBK’s publicity programmes and media relations.
The successful applicant must be dynamic, result oriented, responsible and able to demonstrate
• He/she must be a holder of a Bachelors Degree in Communication or equivalent and a Post
Graduate Diploma in Journalism or Public Relations.
• He /she should have a minimum experience of five (5) years.
• He/she should have skills in customer care; have the ability to develop accurate, objective
assessments of issues even in complex or difficult situations.
• He/she should have excellent communication skills both oral and written and good interpersonal
• He/she should have excellent organizational skills, must be computer literate and have ability to
work under pressure with minimum supervision.
• He/she must be honest and a person of high integrity.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The job entails the following:-
· Preparing and implementing TBK’s publicity plan;
· Liaising with the media to publicize TBK’s activities and maintaining positive media relations
· Liaising with the stakeholders on TBK communication initiatives in the promotion of a positive
· Preparing and disseminating corporate publicity information materials;
· Organizing meetings of a general nature, such as field days.
If you meet the above requirements, please send your application with detailed Curriculum Vitae,
current remuneration, day and evening telephone numbers, names of three referees and copies of
testimonials and certificates to:-
The Managing Director
Tea Board of Kenya
Tea Board Plaza
Naivasha Road-Off Ngong Road
P.O. Box 20064-00200
So as to reach not later than 31st December 2010.
Tea Board of Kenya is an equal opportunity employer.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Any canvassing prior to or after the
interviews will lead to automatic disqualification.