Tatua Kenya Marketing and Communications Associate
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
Job Title: Marketing and Communications Associate
Organization: Tatua Kenya (Tatua, the Kiswahili word for solve) builds community run initiatives that improve livelihoods and reduce dependency.
Tatua runs an 18-month fellowship program that works with local leaders to develop community-run initiatives to poverty through the skills of community organizing.
They then employ those skills to start a completely community-run and funded project that improves the lives of their community.
Role: Reporting to Tatua’s Marketing Director, this role works with Tatua Kenya and Nyumbani (four programs in and around Nairobi, and in Kitui District) to develop and implement marketing and communication strategies to get the word out about our work, increase our donor communication/response, and increases our online presence.
We are looking for someone with strong English and Kiswahili language/writing skills, ability to manage content, photos and videos, and see the bigger picture of marketing our work.
As the person would be working for two different organizations at the same time, they will need to be adept at communicating and managing their time.
- Developing a marketing content and communications strategy for two different community partner organizations in Kenya.
- Implementing the marketing content and communications strategy for the two community organizations.
- Updating and managing photos and videos, stories, and website content through social media.
- Documenting events, photos, videos and different aspects of work identified in the marketing strategy.
- Develop and implement online picture and content management system.
- Writing/posting blogs, news stories and editing staff blogs for posting.
- Strong English writing skills.
- Time management and strong communication skills.
- Fluent English/Kiswahili.
- Social marketing experience.
- Interest in child poverty and community organizations.
- Ability to inquire and be curious.
- Journalism or reporting experience.
- Ability to multi-task, manage online content.
- Familiar with Google docs, dropbox, and other online content managing software.
How to Apply:
Please send an email to [email protected] with the title – ‘Communications Position – Your Name’.
Please attach the following;
- Resume/CV (no more than 3 pages) with 3 references.
- Cover Letter explaining your interest in the job and your salary expectation.
- The following writing assignment: Write a two paragraph paper asking donors to give Tatua Kenya 20 dollars a month.