Systems Administrator Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 5, 2014
The System Administrator is responsible for effective provisioning, installation/configuration, operation, and maintenance of systems hardware and software and related infrastructure.
This individual participates in technical research and development to enable continuing innovation within the infrastructure.
Key responsibilities include:
- Provide day to day support for all network infrastructure including: servers, LAN/WAN, telephony, remote access, internet access, data backups and archival, Active Directory and personal device access.
- Provide technical help and support for all employees.
- Create & maintain IT security policies.
- Installation and tracking of IT assets.
- Perform daily backup and retrievals.
- Maintain a multi-office network infrastructure.
- Maintenance and training support of company systems.
- Collaboration as a member of the Information and Technology team in strategic planning.
- Collaborating to plan and deploy desktop hardware and software.
- Collaborating to prepare for the arrival and departure of employees.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Minimum of 5 years of IT Sys admin experience
- IT Certifications, MCSE, CCNA essential
- Experience with domain hosting and management very important.
- Experience with databases preferred
- Strong knowledge of and Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to effectively coordinate with vendors and service providers
- Strong problem solving skills with both hardware and software
Applications should addressed to
P.O. Box 49010 – 00100
and should reach us by 12th February, 2014.