Systems Admin Kenya : 80K – 120K
Posted: Aug 28, 2013
Systems Administrator Job in Kenya (KShs 80K – 120K)
Our client a non-for-profit company that specializes in film and community empowerment, is looking for a competent Systems Administrator
Salary: KShs 80,000 – 120,000
- The incumbent is responsible for the management, administration and day-to-day operation of IT infrastructure hosted by the Organisation Nairobi base, and in what relates to the support of Organization’s field bases, including Local Area Networks, physical and virtual servers, centralized backup system, workstations, and disaster recovery / business continuity solutions thereof.
- Manages computing infrastructure projects involving feasibility studies, systems analysis, design, development, implementation and operation of new systems.
- Provides specialized advice to users, analyzing users’ requirements and translating these into new applications or services if required.
- Maintains upgrades or enhances existing user systems; troubleshoots and provides continuing user support, to include resolving difficult problems, advising on the use of new techniques, monitoring transactions to measure performance and continued effectiveness of assigned systems, etc.
- Ensures appropriate data security and access controls considering both local and wide area issues.
- Develops training materials, operating and user manuals; trains staff in assigned systems.
- Develops disaster recovery plans and ensures appropriate planning and training of those responsible.
- Researches, analyzes and evaluates new technologies and makes recommendations for their deployment.
- Participates in writing reports and papers on systems-related topics, system requirements, information strategy, and grant applications.
- Provides guidance to, and may supervise, new/junior staff, consultants, etc.
- Manages and administers different components of the computing infrastructure in operation, maintaining its security, and maximizing its good performance.
- Develops effective recommendations on computing infrastructure design and deployment to meet business requirements, and implements projects in a timely and efficient manner.
- Develops creative approaches to problem resolution.
- Develops partnerships and interacts effectively with colleagues and users, persuades others to accept systems recommendation, modifications, etc.
- Knowledge of information technology/information management, particularly in systems administration.
- Knowledge of shell scripting, document design and management, hardware and software requirements, systems facilities.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, to include proficiency in the development and implementation of systems of moderate size/complexity.
- Good knowledge of organization’s information infrastructure and IT strategy; independently maintains assigned systems and develops innovative approaches to resolve a wide range of issues/problems.
- Shows pride in work and in achievements; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving result.
- A good team player
- Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies;
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in computer science or information systems or related field.
- Mid-level qualification with exceptional experience may be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Fluency in oral and written English is required.
- Knowledge of Kiswahili and another language would be an advantage.
- A minimum of two years of experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems or related area, with relevance to infrastructure systems and operations is required.
- Significant experience in functional and technical aspects inter-alia of physical and virtual systems administration, centralized backup administration, systems security, and administration and disaster recovery / business continuity environments is required.
- Experience with linux or other unix-like systems (with the exception of OS X). FreeBSD/pfSense experience would be beneficial.
- KVM and OpenVZ experience would also be useful.
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to [email protected] , indicating the title (Systems Administrator K’sh 80 – 120K) on the subject line before 6th September, 2013.
We do not charge for interviews.
Kindly indicate your salary on the application.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.