System and Network Administrator Job in Kenya
Department: ICT Infrastructure
Accountable to: Director Infrastructure
Role: To design, support, maintain and evaluate computer networking systems (WAN / LAN), and UNIX / Linux servers systems.
- Ability to solve problems quickly and automate processes.
- A solid understanding of the system and can use performance analysis tools to tune systems.
- Implements complex local and wide-area networks for intranets, extranets and the Internet.
- Manages a large, complex site or network.
- Establishes/recommends policies on system use and services.
- Plan coordinate and implement network security measures
- Web development and database design and managing technologies like Content Management
- System (CMS) and Search Engine Optimization tools and Applications.
- Acquisition, implementation, administration and management of Software
- Implementing and enforcing an IT policy
- Managing electronic correspondence in terms of emails, newsletters, newsflashes and their correspondence list.
- Research and evaluate business systems to provide systems capabilities required for projected workloads
- Analyses user needs and design, construct, test, and maintain server and network infrastructure.
- Coordinate tests, diagnose problems, recommend solutions and determine whether service requirements have been met.
- Plans layout and installation of new systems or modification of existing systems
- May write scripts, set up, and control computer systems to solve scientific problems or automate business system applications.
- Coordinate the construction and maintenance of client systems and assist in planning future growth
- Mail Server administration and Management
- Provision and maintain user accounts
- Ensuring that the mail server is up and running all the time.
- Ensuring that all users in the head office and branch offices can collect their mails efficiently.
- Monitoring any symptoms of hardware/software failure and taking appropriate measures to counter them before they hit the server.
- Troubleshooting and diagnosing problems that affect the Mail servers up time on a daily basis.
- Implement, administer and maintain system and data security and back up infrastructures.
- Providing assistance and support as and when required by the other technical support team
- Other duties that may be assigned or altered by the company as and when deemed necessary.
- Degree in Electrical Engineering/computer science/computer information science/computer engineering.
- 3 years experience
- Practical knowledge and experience in installing and maintaining unix/linux server systems
- Practical knowledge and experience in areas of LAN and WAN management and administration including system configuration, setup troubleshooting, designing implementing and end-user support
- Familiarity with digital security issues and skilled in using appropriate security technology
- Networking Administration: TCP/IP, File sharing, FTP / SFTP, Web Servers, DNS, Directory Servers
- Experience in supporting telecommunication equipment
- Attentive and inquisitive
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Patience attention to detail, diagnose the problem and walk clients through the problem solving steps
- Ability to communicate with non-technical people
- Communicate with people with people with technical and non-technical backgrounds to develop detailed understanding of user needs.
At all times, personal behavior must be of the highest moral and ethical standards, and at no time bring the employee or the company into disrepute.
The Company Policies and Procedures Manual form part of every job description.
Send your cv to [email protected]