System Administrator Job in Kenya
Reporting to: Head of ICT
Overall Purpose of the Job: To work as part of the ICT Team to design and develop ICT solutions that can be used on web, desktop and mobile platforms.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To develop a culture that is committed to delivery of quality Support Service Standards.
- Proactively scan the market to identify suitable, value adding and cutting edge solutions
- Be creative and innovative enough to design and develop value adding in-house ICT solutions
- Contribute to the overall ICT Strategy with regard to implementing innovative ICT products
- Be a bigger thinker with ability to discern how ICT contributes to the overall business needs
- Keep abreast of technology to learn latest technological trends
- Design and development of quality applications that satisfy requirements documented in user and system requirements.
- Ensure continuity of product service by preparing documentation such as System Technical Documentation, User Manual, On-Line Help, etc.
- When called upon, work with the Business Analyst on design aspects to meet technical and business requirements
- Provide support and maintenance in the resolution of system applications issues
- Execute test scripts and ensure developed systems are free of defects
- Recommend appropriate enhancements to existing applications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology or Computer Science
- Diploma qualification supported by extensive experience will be considered
- 5- 8 years experience in the ICT field
- Demonstrated experience in designing and developing web-based software systems
- Analytical skills and ability to research and apply problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and problem solving skills
- Good documentation skills
- Understanding of LINUX, PYTHON
- Experience with mobile applications development will be an added advantage