Syngenta Plant Pathologist Job in Ruiru Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 30, 2013
Syngenta is one of the world’s leading companies, operating in an exciting and vital growth sector.
By bringing plant potential to life we help solve some of the world’s most pressing issues, such as the need to produce more food from existing agricultural land.
As such, the organization is seeking to recruit competent, professional and results-oriented individuals to be based in Ruiru to fill in the following position:
- Organize scouting schedules for early detection of pest/diseases before threshold is reached.
- Perform diagnostic pathological tests analysis of water, plant and media samples.
- Assist in development of crop protection programs to prevent pest and disease build up and perform routine laboratory test (Elisa Test) on plant and seed samples to screen for seed transmittable diseases.
- Conduct Phytosanitary induction and training to employees to enhance awareness in the farm and ensure compliance, productivity and efficiency.
- Maintain laboratory, calibration and phytosanitary documents for traceability and compliance coordinate and Perform calibration of laboratory equipment to ensure data accuracy and compliance.
- Monitor the efficacy of disinfectants used in the farm to help prevent diseases.
- Train third party (out grower) scouts and pathologists to ensure application of Syngenta standards across the board.
- Coordinate sealing of holes in greenhouse plastic/net to control pest and diseases.
- Ensure identification and control of host plants around veg and updates host bank record appropriately for risk management and decision making.
- Ensure green waste from the greenhouse is composted and effectively disposed in accordance with the protocol.
- Perform periodic audits of the processes in seeds departments to ensure compliance.
- Evaluate the team to measure performance and identify areas of improvement.
- Coordinate proficiency tests in Seeds production in liaison with the heads of production to ensure acceptable levels of awareness for compliance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
The ideal candidate must possess the following qualification and competencies:
- A degree holder in in Horticulture/Agriculture/Crop protection/Botany.
- Must have at least 5 years relevant work experience.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in Microsoft Office with excellent organizational skills.
- Must possess a proven track record of leading teams with good problem solving skills.
If you would like to be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application to the link attached click here – before Friday 17th January 2014.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.