Syngenta Operations Program Managers Jobs in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 14, 2013
We are a multinational company operating in the Agribusiness industry.
We are looking for self-driven confident individuals to fill the following vacant position:
Operations Program Manager
Reporting to the Operational Program Manager – Africa Venture Team, the incumbent will be responsible for leading a team of agronomists located in-field to ensure appropriate farm level agronomist activities are taking place to enable major sustainable change in yield and quality of potato and vegetables delivered to different off takers.
- Conduct and implement on the Farm Proof of Concept (PoC) plan
- Manage team to ensure that field trials, demonstration sites and any other technical activities are performed as per procedure and within schedule
- Coordinate implementation of project/model with local stakeholders and contributors
- Liaise with local teams, customers and growers to ensure understanding and alignment of PoC implementation with existing business
- Consolidate reports from team members and ensure they are timely and accurate
- Leverage deep understanding of leading growers key buying factors to efficiently sell on the value of Syngenta products
- Liaise with other team members within the Commercial unit to align and build a better agronomy network
- Be the point of escalation as a potato subject matter expert on technical matters
- Identify potential solutions to address grower needs and support new product launches in collaboration with the marketing team
- Build strong relationships among stakeholders and demonstrate the ROI of Syngenta synergies among partners to ensure sustainable business
Skills and Competencies
- Degree in Agriculture from a recognized University or equivalent
- Master’s degree will be an added advantage
- 4 years of technical experience 2 of which should be in potato farming
- At least 2 years managing teams
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects
The right candidate for this job will have a strong ability to understand, anticipate and develop plans to mitigate customer needs; they will be analytical and be able to make use of data to drive business results.
They will have good project management skills, be great communicators, influential and with developed negotiation skills.
They will also be persons able to develop and motivate a team.
Should you fully meet the criteria above, send your CV to the link attached, click here by Wednesday 18th December 2013.