Swahili Teaching Fellowship Job Opportunities
The fellow will teach two sections of Swahili per semester, and may offer an advanced tutorial on occasion.
The position can accommodate two types of candidates as follows:
(1) Individuals who are registered for a Ph.D. degree in Kenya and who desire the opportunity to have two years to do research and writing while in Canton may find this position of interest. St. Lawrence University is primarily an undergraduate college but it has an excellent library. Funds are available for professional travel.
(2) St. Lawrence offers a Master’s Program in Counseling, Educational Administration or Education.
Candidates for the teaching position may apply to the graduate program and have their tuition covered for two years.
This fellowship provides an Annual round trip ticket from Nairobi to New York, a furnished apartment, tuition for the graduate program (if applicable), an annual stipend of USD $10,800, an office and a computer, and an allowance for academic travel and conference/workshop participation within the U.S.
Interested men and women with a Master’s degree in Swahili studies, who have been teaching Kiswahili at the university level, may apply for the Swahili Teaching Fellowship by submitting the following:
- An application letter stating suitability for this fellowship
- A CV, including teaching experience and institutional affiliation
- Three letters of reference sent directly by the referees
- Copies of relevant academic documents; degree certificates and transcripts
Swahili Teaching Fellowship
St Lawrence University KSP
P. O. Box 1128 – 00502
Email: [email protected]
The application letter and CV may be sent electronically, as may the letters of reference.
Degree certificates and transcripts may be faxed to the above number, or posted to the above address (copies only, please).
Completed applications must be received by Friday March 09, 2012 to receive full consideration.
Only those short-listed for interview will be contacted, and final selection will be made by Friday April 20th 2012.