IT Support Engineers Jobs in Nairobi, Kenya
This solution is offered through a hand held mobile computing device which can perform arrays of functions at the POS including accepting Card payment, Mobile Phone payment, instant printing, GPS/GPRS, Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) detection, Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPL) Technologies.
Industry: Transport / Information Technology
Job Title: Support Engineers
Number of Positions: 2
Type of Hire: Local
Location: Nairobi, Kenya
Gross Salary: KES 20,000 – KES 30,000 per month (based on competence and vision)
- System integration and/or installation experience
- Provide technical support to customers.
- Maintain timely and routine communication with customers on progress of work
- Review and take ownership of proactive application alerts and resolve the application issue or escalate to the appropriate teams
- Consult with Development Teams and vendors on possible software and hardware defects identified via reported problems
- Troubleshoot, verify and test to validate possible defects and take steps to correct them or make recommendations for resolution
- Participate in related processes and projects requiring support
- Train other support engineers on the new and existing features
- Participate in weekly meetings covering the top issues facing the support staff with appropriate support teams.
- Identify new features, which could enhance product serviceability and improve support efficiency and productivity.
- Generate new business from existing clients.
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science;
- Minimum 1 year of experience;
- Customer support experience especially technical;
- Must be proficient acting in and leading integrated process teams, as well as coordinating and communicating customer requirements;
- Must have excellent communication skills to be able to clearly explain the problems or issues of a system to clients and stakeholders;
- Excellent communication skills – both verbal and oral (English);
- Strong interpersonal skills and highly presentable with professional demeanor;
- Passionate towards work, self-motivated, takes initiative and responsibility; and
Kindly justify your application by stating similar experience at your previous / current job.
The subject line of the application should read, “Support Engineer.”