Supply Chain Manager Job in Kenya
Category: Supply Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Oct 28, 2013
Supply Chain Manager Job in Kenya
Job Title: Supply Chain Manager
Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for purchasing, inventory control, production control, warehousing, logistics, and at some locations inside sales.
- Supervises the issuance of all purchase orders, insuring the inclusion of required specifications, prices, terms and conditions by performing the duties personally or through assistant personnel.
- Responsible for managing suppliers and sources to ensure effective cost and service performance.
- Responsible for the implementation of all policies, practices, and procedures pertaining to supply chain personnel.
- Responsible for the coordination, sequencing, capacity analysis and execution of production schedules in manufacturing including Sales & Operations (S&OP) planning to detailed production planning, execution and control.
- Also responsible for coordinating with direct and indirect inside sales management regarding customer contact in all areas relating to inquiries, orders, scheduling, delivery or other customer issues and other supply chain related questions.
- Acts as liaison between functional areas to drive the correct behaviors and decision making processes that supports an efficient, well-coordinated supply chain, ultimately supporting the business objectives.
- Supports, participates and/or drives Supplier Relationship Management (SRM) initiatives and activities per corporate guidance specifically including quarterly meetings, follow up documentation and other requirements.
- Supports, participates and/or drives Supply Chain Operating Systems (SCOS) initiatives and activities per corporate guidance specifically including the Supply Chain Excellence (SCE) audits, follow up documentation, training and other requirements.
- Works with the corporate supply chain group to effectively implement supply chain improvements and productivity savings initiatives.
- Develops collaborative/partnering relationships with key suppliers, including objectives and measures, to promote processes that will reduce lead times and costs and insure product and service quality such as vendor managed inventories (VMI)/consignment, electronic data transfer or Internet ordering.
- Manages the Sales (Inventory) & Operations (S&OP or SIOP) process.
- Responsible for production planning, capacity planning, and scheduling activities.
- Ensures MRP/ERP system is maintained and updated via periodic review, day-to-day activities and other appropriate measures.
- Ensures focus and management of working capital improvement efforts.
- Ensures slow moving inventory review processes (e.g. Supply Chain Material Review Boards) are in place and being conducted periodically.
- As an outcome of that meeting arranges for disposal of surplus and obsolete materials.
- Works directly with plant controller on the amount of reserve that is adequate and communicates when it has been executed against.
- May be responsible for the supervision of all inside sales personnel, ensuring that all customers, representatives and distributors receive prompt and professional response to their inquiries.
- Works with Sales departments to effectively translate the sales forecast demand into the plant capacity schedule.
- Analyzes raw material market and delivery conditions to determine present and future material availability and prepares market analysis reports.
- Prepares departmental budget and monitors expenditure of budgeted funds.
- Manages the establishment of departmental procedures and practices to ensure efficient operation and continuous improvement.
- Manages the process for the preparation and issuing of purchase orders and change notices insuring the inclusion of required specifications, prices, terms and conditions, and other relevant purchasing information.
- Works closely with the Sales Group to understand the business strategies for product lines and strategically aligns our procurement practices and supply chain in support of the business strategy.
- Informs Production, Sales, and Engineering departments of required lead times, availability, and status of ordered components and consumables.
- Interprets and enforces company policies and safety regulations.
- Prepares reports of purchasing and production planning measures against objectives.
- Responsible for performance of the following key metrics: customer on-time delivery, working capital, and supplier on-time delivery and quality performance and others as assigned.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination and evaluation of supervisory and non-supervisory personnel. Carries out leadership responsibilities in accordance to company policies, procedures, safety, and applicable laws.
- Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning assisting, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Provides ongoing training to applicable staff to develop and encourage their technical and operational performance. Meet with appropriate staff on a timely basis for performance evaluations and goal setting.
- Ensures company standard practices and procedures are followed in connection with all Purchasing department functions.
The ideal candidates should have:
- Bachelor’s degree from four-year college or university (Business, Supply Chain, or Technical preferred). APICS/ISM/Supply Chain certification
- Five years of progressive experience in professional Materials position(s) is desired.
- Strong Management and Team Building Skills; five years supervisory experience is required.
- Advanced materials management skills including Planning, Purchasing, Sourcing, Warehousing, Inventory Control, Shipping and Receiving / Logistics, and/or Manufacturing Engineering.
- Experience in Lean, Six Sigma, or other continuous improvement.
- Strong project management skills.
- Strong skills in work planning, capacity analysis, and scheduling.
- Exceptional negotiation skills.
- Advanced customer interface skills.
- A team player that can relate to people at all levels of the organization and possesses excellent communication skills.
- An energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards and a positive professional image.
- Ability to be flexible and able to function comfortably in a fast paced, constantly changing and ambiguous environment.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from managers, customers, suppliers, and employees.
- Portrays a positive and professional image.
- Ability to establish relations with a wide range of personalities, cultural backgrounds and educational levels.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference.
- Ability to apply concepts such as percentages, ratios, and proportions to job-related situations.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establishes facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Advanced knowledge of SAP or other ERP systems, as well as manufacturing process and procedures, and the ability to share this knowledge with others.
- Computer skills in MS Office are required; advance skills are preferred.
- General P&L understanding is preferred.
Interested candidates are invited to strictly email their cover letter and CV, clearly detailing their current remuneration and expectations to [email protected] before end of day 30 October 2013.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted