Supplier Manager (East Africa) Job in Nairobi, Kenya – TNS RMS East Africa
Who I report to: Head of Field
Where the job is based: Nairobi, Kenya
The purpose of the job:
- To manage TNS RMS’s 3rd Party Suppliers/ Contractors, managing contracts (projects) for TNS RMS within East, Central and Southern African markets, excluding Kenya, Tanzania and Uganda.
- To supervise and manage the data collection for all quantitative, qualitative and any other form of research projects, conducted within these countries by the elected Suppliers.
- To ensure that the service delivered by our Suppliers, is done so with efficiency, flexibility, producing quality work, on deadline, within quota requirements, taking into account the budgetary parameters.
- Manage and prepare contracts for and with TNS’ Suppliers.
- Perform comprehensive project management of the Suppliers to ensure delivery of high-quality project results, meeting TNS KPIs and Client SLAs.
- Perform data driven analysis on project and performance metrics to optimize project execution effectiveness and on which to base Supplier payment.
- Work closely with the Suppliers’ Managers and Field personnel to ensure interviewers receive training and support for our Client projects.
- Interface closely with Client Service Teams on project scope, parameters, timelines, and expectations.
- Responsible for the management of internal and MCP Hub vetting.
- Build and document a 3rd Party supplier handbook
- Calculate and/or supervises the field costs of quantitative studies
- Prepare and/ or supervise the preparation of projects for the various Operations services.
- Organize Fieldwork subcontracting and logistics (quotation – costs demands, choice of the subcontractor, relationship with the subcontractor, briefing, project status) for studies.
- Ensure timing and quotas are respected
- Make summarized reports of fieldwork feedback for every project (project status and exception reporting – daily: PAPI, CAPI, CATI, CAWI)
- Prepare, send and/ or supervise the fieldwork updates that are analysed by Client Services (progress/ status reports)
- Suggest improvements to standard processes of supplier management
- Process and requirement for courier of docs/ equipment across borders.
- Custom requirements for courier of CAPI devices across our markets of operations
- Budget management of each Supplier’s quotation and spend vs. the actuality on the ground.
- Cost Manual for Africa Countries.
- Strong relationship with the TNS Costing Team.
- Involvement and review in the quotation submitted by the Supplier for the CEF (interrogation of the cost).
- Support an environment of work excellence by ensuring own performance is consistently optimal
- Advisor for the Suppliers
- Advisor for the TNS departments on how best to manage and execute a project in Africa
- Constructively bring attention to issues of poor performance within Suppliers and suggests possible solutions
- Requests technical support / back up / by Team Members
- Seeks to build inter-departmental relationships productively
- Interacts effectively with varying levels with different backgrounds and perspectives
- Creative and decisive under pressure
- Acute flexibility and adaptability
- Manage diversity in a complex context
Financial: Recommending: [Size of P&L responsibility, budget targets, growth targets]
Contacts: Regular extensive contact within department and with other departments such as research, project logistics and field.
The Knowledge and skills needed for success:
- Relevant Degree/Diploma
- Field Interviewing Experience across methodology type
- Management : Client Management experience
- Quantitative Research Process with specific questionnaire and research design knowledge
- Conversant with budgets, timings and quotas [commercial]
- Team leadership: Orient/train others;
- Communication skills
- Technical – as per job
- Analysis, troubleshooting, decision-making: Varied: establish general objectives relative to project; independent judgment required
- Planning and organising
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously
- High sense of customer service
- Project related complex decision making: Ability to make propositions
- Detail focus