Stores Manager Job in Kenya
Purpose of the position
To ensure that Stores inventories are up to date and purchases are within the set budget targets.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate and counsel store employees.
- Schedule, organize and direct assignments.
- Maintain, encourage and possess “ownership mentality”.
- Develop and implement employee performance evaluations and improvement plans.
- Effectively manage employee turnover. Provide a positive working environment and handle employee issues appropriately and in a timely manner.
- Ensure interior and exterior of store is maintained to company standards.
- Utilize labor management tools, including effective scheduling, to maximize productivity, profitability and margins
- Encourage store employees to take ownership for their performance and career development plans; follow up on a regular basis.
- Provide exceptional customer service and ensure the employees also provide the same level of service.
- Communicate, execute, and manage marketing and merchandising programs.
- Conduct regular store meetings.
- Ensure employee awareness of safety and emergency procedures.
- Maintain adequate store supplies.
- Manage store revenue, including cash handling, deposit reconciliation and delivery of deposits to bank.
- Execute and monitor loss prevention and shrink programs.
- Management of all store operational issues, to include store housekeeping, store administrative duties, physical inventories, price changes, etc.
- Ensure all orders are properly documented and released for pick-up.
- Strong leadership skills.
- Ability to effectively teach/develop others to next level.
- Strong operations experience in receiving, stock and inventory as well as front-end management and office management.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, communication and organizational skills.
- The ability to provide “a breed apart” level of customer service.
Know How and Skills
- Good communication skills
- Customer service relations
- Degree in Purchases and Supplies Management
- Must have a professional experience of at least 3years.
- Must be fluent in both oral and written English
- Must be computer literate.
Applicants who meet the requirements stated above should send their applications and detailed CVs with a day – time telephone number to the email address below so as to reach us on or before 25th Sept 2013
Email: [email protected]