Store Manager Vacancy Announcement
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 4, 2014
Dynamic People Consulting is recruiting a Store Manager for Riara Group of Schools, a leading learning institution.
The Stores Manager will have overall responsibility to ensure the efficient and effective management of the Stores functions including custody of all the goods received into the various stores, the issuance of such goods to users and correct cost allocation in the computer system and maintenance of appropriate stock balances required for efficient business operations.
- Coordinate with purchasing department to ensure that supplies are ordered on time
- Ensure ordered supplies are received into the stores on time in the right quantities and quality as per LPO.
- Ensure equitable distribution of materials within the RGS stores
- Supervise distribution of supplies to the various stores as required from the central store
- Monitor stock levels in the stores through the weekly stock report
- Recommend to the purchasing department what needs to be purchased to replenish the stock in the stores
- In liaison with purchasing department carry out and monthly purchase projections based on previous consumption
- In liaison with Finance department, carry out monthly stock takes for consumables and annual stock takes for fixed assets
- Act on feedback from users of supplies
- Monitor usage of various items and report trends to management when necessary
- Device ways of cutting costs and working within approved budget
- Effectively supervise all Stores staff
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Business or other related field
- Professional Qualification in Purchasing and Supplies
- Five (5) years experience in management of stores in a busy commercial organization
- Good negotiation, leadership, communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge and practical experience in the use of computerized stores management systems
- Proficient in the use of MS Office Suite of packages
- Knowledge of SAP will be an added advantage
If you believe you qualify for this position, please apply for the position by uploading your CV to our website: www.dpckenya.com under Vacancies.