Steel Manufacturer Loading Supervisor Job in Nairobi Kenya
Our client, a leading manufacturer of steel and allied products in East Africa; seeks to recruit a Loading Supervisor with a preference of a candidate of Indian descent.
- Directing ground crews in the loading, unloading, securing, or staging of steel products
- Distributing cargo in such a manner that space use is maximized.
- Accompanying the cargo transport to monitor and handle cargo during transportation
- Calculating load weights for different compartments used to carry the products, using charts and computers.
- Determining the quantity and orientation of cargo and compute the center of gravity of the means of transport used
- Diploma in logistics or other related areas.
- Strong communications skills as well as critical thinking skills.
- Coordination and problem-solving skills.
- The supervisor should also be approachable to other staff members.
- Writing skills enable supervisors to record changes in the schedule, maintaining daily logs and create memos or emails.
- At least 5 years experience in the Steel Industry as a loading supervisor