The Standard Group Video Editor and Technical Assistant Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 20, 2014
The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, Game Yetu, The Counties, The Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, PDS, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
The Group is looking for highly motivated, qualified, experienced and reputable team players to fill the following position:
Key Responsibilities: -
- To ensure that the selected shots are well balanced on screen and relevant to the message.
- To receive and maintain up to date daily record of relevant video tapes and to ensure their safe custody at the end of each day.
- To handle the video editing equipment carefully to ensure that it is in proper working order and to report any malfunction and/or breakage to the production manager.
- To check colour temperatures, exposure and luminance in order to maintain broadcast quality standards in both video and audio sequences.
- To check peak levels to ensure clarity of up sounds/commentary/music as per laid procedures.
Knowledge and Skills
- University Degree
- Diploma in Film/Video Editing
- Meticulous and Attentive to detail
- Systematic planner, team player and good organizer
- 3-5 years’ experience in a busy broadcasting station
- Video management capabilities
- Ability to visualize production scripts and other verbal or written instructions
- Ability to effectively operate and maintain video editing systems and related equipment
The job holder will be in charge of maintenance and day to day running of all TV and Radio transmitting stations
- Maintenance of all TV and Radio transmitters, microwave links, satellites and power generators at the various stations
- Supervise Caretakers and Electricians
- Routine and curative maintenance – scheduled services and repairs as failures occur as well as servicing and repair of stand-by generators ensuring adequate fuel and oil supplies
- Provide studio with satellite feeds for needed programmes; this involves setting up satellite dish to the space satellite and configuring decoders
- Technical advice and installation of boosters for clients and installation of off-air signal TV reception for in-house users
- Adjusting satellite elevation angles to get other authorized external channels e.g. CNN, etc.
- To compile all station spare parts requirements for the Ass Team Leader – Transmission
- Set up and operate new links for outside broadcasts (OB)
Knowledge and Skills
- Higher Diploma or Diploma in Communication, Engineering, Electronics or equivalent
- Minimum of 3 years in a broadcasting organization
- Ability to make quick decisions and to improvise if necessary
- Hands-on knowledge of Transmission equipment
- Energy and ability to work irregular hours
If you possess the above qualifications and the drive to meet the challenges, visit our websitewww.standardmedia.co.ke/recruitment to browse through the current openings/ vacancies and apply not later than 24th January 2014.
The Standard Group is an equal opportunity employer and as such, canvassing of any form will lead to automatic disqualification
Please note that ONLY shortlisted candidates will be contacted.