The Standard Group Infrastructure & Services Manager and Network & Infrastructure Administrator Jobs in Kenya
The Standard Group comprises, The Standard Newspapers, Game Yetu, The Counties, Nairobian, KTN, Radio Maisha, PDS, Standard Digital and Think Outdoor Services.
He/she will lead a team of administrators to ensure appropriate infrastructure planning, service uptime, daily operation of the network infrastructure, communication infrastructure, data center infrastructure, security and Intranet.
- Ensure service delivery to internal customers is maintained at highest possible standards.
- Ensure data center services uptime is provided consistently above internal SLA provisions.
- Maintain supplier relations and enforce SLAs with suppliers and ensure consistent adherence.
- Ensure enterprise security is maintained at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure maintenance of core infrastructure and end-user infrastructure at the highest possible standards.
- Ensure that disaster recovery and disaster contingency mechanisms are fully developed to support business needs.
- Propose, plan resourcing and manage ICT Projects to completion on time and budget.
- Degree in Information Technology
- Must demonstrate understanding of service provision in a busy ICT environment.
- Must be ITIL Ver. 3 Certified
- Candidate must demonstrate competence and experience in management of Data Centre infrastructure.
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional (MCITP) and/or Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA).
- Knowledge and experience in Linux Operating Systems and Virtualization is an advantage.
- Managing an enterprise Anti-virus solution, PBX solution, UPS and power solutions, cooling solutions and data centers.
- Must have at least 8 years’ experience in a busy ICT environment 2 of which must be in a management role.
- Manage and maintain LAN, WAN, PBX, physical and virtualized servers on Windows and Linux environments uptime to very high standards.
- Manage and maintain Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, Microsoft Lync and other related communication infrastructure to very high standards.
- Management and planning of Data Centre and network infrastructure growth and security.
- Reduce issue execution and resolution time for change requests and support calls.
- Ensure preventative maintenance is carried out on network infrastructure, PBX, servers, storage, software and associated critical hardware as required by the ICT policy.
- Enforce SLAs with suppliers.
- Spearhead Continuous system improvements throughout the organization.
- Maintain integrity of access levels and logins.
- Degree in Information Technology.
- Candidate must demonstrate competence and experience in management of data Centre
- Microsoft certified IT Professional (MCITP) and demonstrate virtualization technology
- Knowledge of Linux Operating system is an added advantage.
- Cisco Certified Network Associate (CCNA) certification
- Proven experience in project management and certification in the same will be an added
- High Integrity, innovative, a team player, good people skills, analytical skills and
- communication skills.
- At least 4 years’ experience in network management.