Standard Chartered Bank Uganda: International Graduate Programme
Our customer and client facing teams couldn’t do their jobs without the support of our Specialist Functions. Enabling our operations in 71 countries across the globe, Specialist Functions provide the infrastructure critical to our day-to-day business, and the expertise needed to shape the future of the Bank.
Whether it’s supporting 85,000 staff, managing 2,500 buildings or protecting assets worth in excess of USD517 billion, our Specialist Functions ensure the efficient operation of the Bank.
About the programme
The Specialist Functions International Graduate Programme is offered in three key areas – Corporate Real Estate Services, Group Internal Audit and Human Resources.
On this programme you will complete focused rotations and be supported by close and regular interaction with senior leaders. We will provide:
- Real life experience that will help you to hit the ground running
- A deep appreciation for the international nature of our business through day-to-day interactions with cross border teams
- Exposure to different cultures and new ways of thinking through our global teams
- Career acceleration through an intense focus on strictly relevant areas
Graduates can select from one of three Specialist Functions – Corporate Real Estate Services (CRES), Group Internal Audit (GIA) or Human Resources.
The programme structure will vary depending on which function you select. However, all graduates will:
- Attend the International Induction Programme (IIP) held in Kuala Lumpur
- Attend an induction specific to your chosen function following the IIP
- Undertake an 18-month programme of rotations to build breadth of knowledge across your chosen function
Whichever business stream you choose, you will be supported with:
- A dedicated Graduate Development Manager to guide you through the programme
- Regular one-on-one reviews designed to track your progress and performance
- A mentor to help guide you and help bring their expertise to bear on your development and day-to-day decision-making