Standard Chartered Bank Kenya Jobs
Standard Chartered was formed in 1969 through a merger of two banks: The Standard Bank of British South Africa, founded in 1863, and the Chartered Bank of India, Australia and China, founded in 1853.
Job Title: Regional Financial Controls and Operational Risk Manager
Job ID: 293403
Job Function: Finance
Location: Kenya – SCB
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
1. Assist the Regional CFO in overseeing the management of operational risks including driving and directing compliance in each country.
2. Assist country CFOs to implement controls to meet regulatory and internal requirements. In addition, drive an effective risk management framework, and promote a strong risk management and compliance culture.
3. Partner the CFO in operational risk matters to ensure proper functioning of day-to-day controls, periodic monitoring activities, timely identification and reporting of significant risks and losses and effectiveness of risk mitigation actions.
4. Work with Finance Operational Risk Head (Group) to ensure there is adequate training in financial controls, compliance and operational risk.
Key Roles & Responsibilities
1. To provide assurance that the Risk Management Framework, related Operational Risk Policies and Procedures and any directives, policies and procedures defined by Finance Governance Committee are operational and effective in all countries.
2. To provide assurance that operational risk identification and measurement capabilities are objective, consistent and compliant with Group standards and applicable regulations, and that risk control and risk origination decisions are properly informed.
3. To provide assurance that all applicable policies, laws and regulations are adhered to excepting those for which responsibility is explicitly retained by another risk committee.
4. Design and implement control measures and monitoring plans for compliance and operational risk management. Ensure that controls are effective for compliance monitoring and risk management.
5. To assist the Regional CFO in governance oversight of financial controls and operational risk management.
6. To challenge and ensure business activities are stopped where risks are not aligned with control requirements or risk appetite.
7. To monitor and ensure closure of all findings of sub-committees, Group Internal Audit, and other internal functions and external regulators on material risk issues.
8. Ensure sufficient actions are undertaken to mitigate, reduce or contain the identified operational risks.
9. To Escalate all material gross and residual risk exposures, control weaknesses, losses and near misses to the Regional CFO.
10. Analyse and consolidate Country Finance Operational Risk profiles, review relevant operational loss and risk reporting by country FORMs, and ensure the accuracy and completeness of data before submitting to Group.
11. Lead and coordinate periodic risk training for in-country finance teams to enhance awareness and promote risk management and compliance culture.
12. Conduct periodic peer reviews in the Region.
13. Lead migration of best practices across the region and drive standardisation of control processes.
Qualifications & Skills
•Outstanding ability to provide leadership, guidance and inspiration to the team.
•Strong sense of self motivation and discipline in execution.
•Excellent communication and negotiation skills with ability to influence outcomes.
•Relevant professional qualifications in accounting (ACCA, CA or equivalent), with minimum of 10 years experience in leadership position in Finance.
•Knowledge in the application of finance systems and good understanding of financial reporting processes.
How To Apply
You can search and view current opportunities across our organisation and apply immediately by registering or logging in to our careers website www.standardchartered.com/careers.
To help speed up your application, please note the following:
- You will need to log in (or register if you are visiting our careers site for the first time) before you can apply for a specific role
- Some roles may require you to undertake an online talent assessment in addition to completing the application form (to facilitate this process it is preferable that you provide us with an email address as part of your contact information)
- We will ask you about your education, career history and skills and experience, it may be helpful to have this information to hand when completing your application
It usually takes 15 – 20 minutes to complete the application form; you can save your application at any time and return to complete it at your convenience.
The closing date for applications is 16/10/2011. Please note all closing dates are given in Hong Kong time (GMT + 8 hours). We aim to respond to successful applicants within four weeks and will keep a record or your application in our database so that we can contact you when suitable vacancies arise in future.
Diversity & Inclusion
Standard Chartered is committed to diversity and inclusion. We believe that a work environment which embraces diversity will enable us to get the best out of the broadest spectrum of people to sustain strong business performance and competitive advantage. By building an inclusive culture, each employee can develop a sense of belonging, and have the opportunity to maximise their personal potential.