Specialist Insurance Company Job – Agency Manager Kenya
Posted: Aug 22, 2013
Specialist Insurance Company Agency Manager Job in Kenya
Our client is a specialist Insurance Company with operations in Kenya and is now setting sights to the wider East Africa region.
Our client provides insurance solutions both to large corporates and the SME sector in a refreshing style with large elements of out of the box thinking.
Our client challenges convention in all areas and offers market leading products and services to customers, and is preparing to be a very dominant player in this commercial space.
In order to grow locally and set up a platform for the region, our client seeks to hire an Agency Manager who will report to the General Manager, Corporate Business.
- Carry out training needs assessment exercise to identify training and development needs for the sales force and prepare annual training plan.
- Development and review of training materials in line with current and anticipated needs.
- Design and execute appropriate training and development programs with a view to enhancing the capacity of the sales team.
- Prepare and monitor training budget on monthly basis
- Align the training systems with the sales force career path
- Develop and implement a training evaluation instrument, collect feedback and prepare management reports and continuously conduct training impact assessment with a view to ensuring the training offered is relevant
- Develop and implement sales strategies for new accounts, incorporating a strategy that targets different prospect types with offerings that are cyclical in nature, while allowing them to be responsive to emerging offers that will allow the company to tap new markets.
- Develop and implement sales strategies that will revamp the insurance market.
- Identify prospects and develop sales strategies to secure new business.
- Develop sales plans and approaches with the GM corporate.
- Work closely with underwriters to identify business types the team is most likely to fill successfully.
- Maintain a close working relationship other stakeholders to drive activity and results by way of leveraging and consistently applying corporate best-practice sales processes and initiatives.
- Manage sales teams and ensure peak deliverables as set for the department.
- Track all prospects, leads, contacts, accounts, and opportunities.
Qualifications, experience and Skill
- Bachelor’s degree preferably in Business, Marketing, or Insurance field. Related work experience in the Insurance industry is an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in designing and implementing capacity building programs for sales teams.
- Ability to provide solutions that deliver desired behavioral and business changes to the desired measurable standards.
- Leadership skills with direct sales agents to ensure high levels of motivation and top notch skills in consultative and solution oriented sales approaches.
- Knowledge in people skills development in these areas; SME Insurance, Insurance Banking and Alternative Distribution Channels of Insurance
- Proven experience in developing account penetration and development strategies, conducting cold calls, qualifying prospects, lead identification and strategy, making sales presentations, closing techniques, and developing service and pricing proposals.
- Demonstrate success at working in a fast-paced, highly-competitive, deadline-oriented environment.
- Exceptional communication, presentation, negotiation, and closing skills training. The position requires a strong emphasis on the ability to listen and lead marketing teams.
Our client offers all the advantages one would expect from an industry leader including a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance;
The Remuneration package is negotiable and includes sales team performance commissions override, annual bonus
Our client is an equal opportunities employer
Kindly send your CV and cover letter detailing your experience, qualification and motivation for the job to [email protected] and address it to The Recruitment Manager as soon as you read this advert
Competitive remuneration will be offered to the right candidate and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.