Sous Chefs and Cooks Jobs in Kenya
Department: Food & Beverage
- Responsible food production
- Develop menus, food purchase specifications and recipes. Supervise staff. Develop and monitor food and labour budget for the department.
- Maintain highest professional food quality and sanitation standards.
- Plans menus
- Schedules and coordinates the work of , cooks and other kitchen employees to assure that food preparation is economical and technically correct and within budgeted labour cost goals.
- Approves the requisition of products and other necessary food supplies.
- Ensures that high standards of sanitation, cleanliness and safety are maintained throughout all kitchen areas at all times.
- Establishes controls to minimize food and supply waste and theft.
- Safeguards all food preparation employees by implementing training to increase their knowledge about safety, sanitation and accident prevention principles.
- Develops standard recipes and techniques for food preparation and presentation which help to assure consistently high quality and to minimize food costs; exercises portion control for all items served and assists in establishing menu selling prices.
- Prepares necessary data for applicable parts of the budget; projects annual food, labour and other costs and monitors actual financial results; takes corrective action as necessary to help assure that financial goals are met.
- Attends food and beverage staff and management meetings
- Support safe work habits and a safe working environment at all times.
- Perform other duties as directed
A post high school qualification in Food production and at least 1-5 years experience as a Chef or a Cook:
If you are interested in this position, please send your CV to [email protected]