SOS Children’s Villages Kenya Internal Auditor Job in Kenya
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an affiliate of SOS CV- International whose mission is to build families for children in need, help them shape their own futures and share in the development of their communities.
In Kenya, the organisation runs five Children’s Villages in Nairobi, Mombasa, Eldoret, Meru and Kisumu.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya also runs education and health institutions and works with local communities through Families Strengthening Programs.
We seek to recruit for the position of Internal Auditor to be based at SOS CV KE National Office- Nairobi.
Internal Auditor reporting will support management in reviewing, documenting and establishing effective accounting and operational controls over the organization’s administrative and programmatic activities in the National Office and all facilities within SOS CV Kenya as well as supervising the examination, investigation and review of records, reports, financial statements and management practices to ensure compliance with laws, regulations, donor requirements and Organization’s Standard Operating Procedures
Key Functions of the Job;
1. Investigate and Evaluate adequacy and effectiveness of the Associations systems on quality internal control.
2. Carry out planned auditing activities in the various functions and projects to ensure adherence to policies, regulations and procedures
3. Conducts comprehensive investigations and prepare quality and timely reports containing observations and recommendations.
4. Ensure proper systems are established to warrant compliance with the Association’s policies, plans, procedures and regulation and that the Association conforms to the law of the country.
5. Carrying out independent assessments in the identification and management of financial, legal risks and asset risks.
Bachelor’s degree in financial management with CPA (K). Master’s degree in Business Management (finance) shall be an added advantage.
Must be computer literate with ability to work with computerized Audit Techniques and Accounting / Financial applications.
Well-developed analytical skills, knowledge of risk management and internal audit standards will be essential.
Over 8 years public accounting experience with an accounting firm providing audit and accounting services in the NGO sector
Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Willingness and ability to travel.
If you believe your experience, competencies and qualifications match the job and role specifications described; send your application (stating current & expected pay) and detailed CV(with details of at least 3 referees one of which must be immediate former employer) addressed to the National Director to reach us on or before 22nd September 2013 by email to: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages Kenya is an equal opportunity employer and its Recruitment
Policy addresses itself to the core values of best practice, diversity and equality.