Software Technical Support Officer Job in Kenya – GA Insurance Limited
Reporting to: General Manager – ICT
Job Summary: The incumbent will be responsible for all Database Administration, Manage and support Installed Applications, Insurance systems and Servers.
- Look after database for all applications and ensure good health at all times
- Ensure completeness of daily back up processes
- Database health check and plan for growth in good time.
- Support operational applications ( Premia, Healthsprint, Mediclaim, etc)
- Develop user reports with direction from ICT Manager or Technical Manager
- Manage user’s profiles within applications.
- Integrate software with existing systems.
- Testing and Quality assurance.
- Assist in Network management and Server support management
- Assist users in PC support needs
- Support users in back office (Word, Excel, Power point etc).
- Maintain standards and Policy compliance
- Knowledge and experience of Oracle 10g/11g
- Knowledge and experience of programming in ASP.NET, Web programming C#,
- Knowledge and experience of JAVA, SQL, Oracle report Writer
- Knowledge of Windows 2003, 2008 and IIS.
- Good communication skills and time management
- Be a team player
- Degree in IT / Computer science.
- Oracle 11g, Oracle development and database knowledge
- Microsoft Server OS knowledge,
- Web application Development including Mobile application.
- Experience on application implementation and user support and related activities.
- Minimum of 4 years experience in system support in a busy environment.