Software Developer Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Dec 13, 2013
Software Developer – Web / Mobile / Cloud Applications
As a Software Developer, you will help ensure that all products are delivered on time and to specification and that they are all of consistently high quality.
This position encompasses the full software stack, so be prepared to challenge yourself!
You must have an eye for a good user experience and will participate in all phases of new product development, including design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Developing and testing code for rich web and mobile applications on various platforms
- Debugging and troubleshooting cross-browser and mobile device issues
- Optimizing client and server code and database queries for optimal performance
- Participating in code reviews and adhering to styles and standards for code quality
- Providing regular updates with regard to project progress and outstanding issues
- Assisting the Lead Software Designer in creating feature-level designs for new products and modules
- Developing “proof of concept” prototypes as needed
- Decomposing features into stories or tasks, determining implementation strategies, and providing time estimates for implementation
- Working with testers to determine test strategies and defining test plan scenarios where useful
- Learning about new technologies that can be used for our projects
- Assisting QA, Support and other departments with escalated technical issues where relevant
Specific minimum qualifications for the Software Developer role include:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Minimum 2 years of experience developing web software, mobile applications and cloud solutions
- Solid skills in database design and access and in optimizing for mobile web clients
- Knowledge of Mobile Development Platforms like Appzillion, PhoneGap, AppAccelerator etc
- Proficiency in version control and source code organization
- Familiarity with software development methodologies including but not limited to Agile
- Familiarity with technologies like REST, AJAX, XML, HTTP, Sockets, hosted services with both Windows and Linux, general networking and data communication
- Solid understanding of object oriented principles and design.
- Basic network troubleshooting skills using tools like wireshack,ping,tracert etc
- Basic network understanding and knowledge for example sub nets,private-public IPs etc.
- Basic understanding of networking applications e.g. smtp,ftp,DNS,SSH,telnet etc.
- Basic application and systems security knowledge understanding e.g. understanding different encryption algorithms and their applications.
- Experience with application security mechanisms e.g. SSL certificates, hashing-md5, SHA,tokens etc.
Email: [email protected]