SMEP Public Relations Kenya
Category: Public Relations Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Oct 21, 2013
SMEP Public Relations Officer Job in Kenya
SMEP Deposit Taking Microfinance Limited, a Christian based MFI regulated by the Central Bank of Kenya, invites applications from interested and suitably qualified candidates to fill the positions of:
Public Relations Officer
This position is based in the CEO’s office and the successful candidate will be charged with the overall responsibility of overseeing public relations and communication that foster a positive company image.
- Coordinate products/services promotional activities and events with appointed agencies and ensure adherence to corporate and product brand guidelines
- Promote a positive company image
- Participate in developing and ensuring implementation of effective customer care mechanisms that ensure responsiveness to customers’ expectations
- Coordinate preparation of budgets and control expenditure for the section
- Provide leadership, staff development and ensure an environment of discipline and team work
- Maintain excellent stakeholder relations
- Liaise effectively with electronic, print and other media for dissemination of positive Company information
- Give leadership in formulation of Company’s communication strategy
- Provide protocol services during Company functions and visits
- Advise management on innovations and developments for appropriate positioning of the Company
- Any other function as may be directed by the Management from time to time
Qualifications and Competencies
- Bachelors degree or postgraduate qualification in Public Relations or other qualifications such as Journalism, Advertising or Marketing and Communication, Business Management, Psychology, English or Political science
- Professional qualifications in CIPR Advanced diploma in public relations, CIPR diploma in public relations and CAM diploma in Marketing Communications will be an added advantage
- 3 years working experience in relevant field and a busy environment
- Should be aged between 25 to 35 years
- Applicants must be committed Christians
Other Key Skills: This is a job that requires interacting with people of all walks of life thus should possess very good communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, good planner and organizer of events.
How to Apply
Qualified and interested candidates who meet the above criteria should download the “Job Application Form” atwww.smep.co.ke/opportunities, and send their filled applications to [email protected] on or before Tuesday, 23rd October, 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.