SME Relationship Officer Job in Nairobi, Kenya
- Segmentation by size i.e. number of employees, annual turnover etc
- Segmentation by industry i.e. Manufacturing, Agriculture, Service etc
- Needs identified from the SME survey
- Identify and set up satellite partners within their region, industry to help distribute products to other SMEs
- Bundle SME products based on feedback from the SME survey by attaining appropriate product mix in annuity, pensions and group life products
- Attain products revenue targets
- Ensure profitability of the SME channels at appropriate cost levels
- Debtor management (credit control) for SME channel partners
- Promote Cross marketing activities within the branches of companies
- Event Management – networking forums for SMEs
- Management of marketing collateral materials
- Client retention
- Number of SME satellite partners
- Regional product distribution
- Reward & Recognition of SME channel partners
- Quality of business acquired
- Achieve Revenue targets
- Achieve appropriate product portfolio mix
- Training support for SME distribution channel partners
- Client retention and referral
- SME Channel partner business support
- SME Channel partners training support
- Management of relations with SME channel partners
- Identify Target customer
- Meeting to determine needs
- Timely proposal and quotation submission
- Review and follow-up on submitted proposals and quotations
- Client acquisition
- Account Service Plan – client/intermediary visits, policy documentation, credit control, claims management, SLA’s etc.
8. Ensure that proper management of accurate, quality and timely business reports from the SME Distribution Channel and use these to compile channel reports for review by Business Development Manager.
9. Monitor competitor activity and advise the Business Development Manager on opportunities / threats that are presented by such activities.
Regularly report the performance of SME Distribution Channel section to the Business Development Manager in accordance with applicable structures and ensure the section is fully aligned with the rest of the company by building effective teamwork within the section and with other departments (i.e. Documented SME Distribution Channel processes and SLA’s with various departments).
Qualifications and experience;
- Bachelor degree in Marketing, Commerce is required.
- 3-5 years’ experience in marketing financial services preferably with the SME sector.
- Ability to deliver results when objectives are set
- Excellent relationship management skills
- Excellent presentation skills
- High level of initiative and self-motivation
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office suite of programmes
- Task and time management proficiency
- Ability to work independently while demonstrating excellent team working skills
- Good communications skills
- Meeting set revenue targets
- Timely delivery of proposals and quotations
- Number of SME Distribution Channel partners and interactions
- The amounts of new revenue placed through targeted distribution channel partners.
- Debtor days for Distribution Channel partners
- Profitability of accounts placed
- The number of suggested new solutions to clients and distribution channel partners
- Compliance with regulatory organizations i.e. KRA, RBA and IRA