Site Agent / Site Engineer Job Vacancy in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 31, 2014
Our client, a Construction and Engineering company is looking for aSite Agent / Site Engineer.
The Site Agent / Engineer oversees all construction works on site ensuring the successful completion of projects.
He/she will report to Project Manager and supervise foreman and all site workers.
- Day to day oversight of the Project Site which may be anywhere in Kenya or East Africa.
- Inspection of work progress including quality and productivity checks on materials, labor and works.
- Ensuring required materials are on site and on time thru timely requisitions.
- Monitoring usage of materials, ensuring none are pilfered on transit or on site. This also involves ensuring proper maintenance of tools and equipment.
- Sourcing for labor and negotiate wages. Managing workers on site.
- Participating along with the rest of the Project Team in preparing the Materials Schedule and ensuring adherence to it.
- Interact and carry out dialogues with members of local communities in case of any disputes.
- Ensuring the Company Policies, guidelines, culture and values are adhered to on site.
- Monitoring Health and Safety matters on site.
- Oversee security of materials, employees, tools and equipment on-site.
Qualifications and Experience
- Minimum, Diploma in Building and Civil Engineering or construction related discipline.
- Specialized Computer Training-AutoCAD, MS Project, Excel and any other relevant engineering packages.
- Project Management experience
- Driving License and at least 3 years experience driving in Kenya added advantage
- At least 10 years relevant experience
- A self driven individual who requires minimal supervision, highly organized and able to keep deadlines and meet client expectations. A team player with good leadership qualities.
- A person of high integrity and professionalism
If interested please send CV and Application letter quoting current salary to [email protected]
We shall only contact qualified candidates.