Sigona Golf Club Golf Course Administrator and Golf Pro Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 17, 2014
Sigona Golf Club, a leading Golf Club in the region has an opening for a the following positions
Golf Course Administrator
Reporting to the General Manager Directly and indirectly to the Club Captain, the successful candidate will provide technical and managerial supervision in the maintenance of the golf course grounds, Staff, facilities and equipment.
- First degree from a recognized university in Agriculture or horticulture or related field.
- At least (5) years working experience in management in a busy golf course, agricultural or related organization with a large labour force.
- Able to supervise and train a large team of staff to include performance management
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Familiar with identifying and controlling soil and grass pests and diseases
- Knowledge of course/agricultural machinery maintenance
- Experience in Occupational Health and safety and personnel management.
- Knowledge of Finance (budgets, costs, stock management etc)
- Able to meet strict deadlines
- Ability to work under pressure
Reporting to the Club Captain Directly and indirectly to the General Manager, the successful candidate key roles will include the following:
- Provide golf coaching to members, guests, and visitors to the club manually or through audio-visual aids involving video and computer facilities.
- Organize and oversee tournaments in the club both internal and external to include league match and Easter tournaments
- Manage all issues concerning handicapping and other golf related matters as may be requested by the captain
- To implement junior golf programmes and conduct junior golf coaching and clinics during school holidays and to educate same on golf etiquette at the set rates.
- To provide technical advice to the course & Match sub-committee in matters relating to course design, stroke index allocation, course rating e.t.c
The ideal candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Certificate from PGA or other recognized bodies as a golf pro
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to train on golfing
- Minimum of K.C.S E certificate
Application should be addressed to:
Sigona Golf Club,
P O Box 10, Kikuyu – 00902
E-mail: [email protected]
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Deadline for applications: 23rd February 2014.