Sidai Africa Regional Technical Supervisors and Animal Health Assistants Jobs in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 17, 2014
Sidai Africa Ltd is a fast growing company pioneering a new approach to livestock service delivery in Kenya. The company provides high quality products and services to livestock keepers and pastoralists.
To achieve this, Sidai Africa is developing a national network of branded Livestock Service Centres franchised to qualified professionals.
Sidai centres bring veterinary and other services, closer to small-scale farmers and pastoralists, particularly in underserved areas.
1. Regional Technical Supervisors (4) – Meru, Wajir, Marsabit & Turkana
Reporting to Operations Director, the Regional Technical supervisor will be in charge of managing all activities in the assigned territory to ensure achievement of all set targets.
- A degree from a recognized university.
- A good understanding of the livestock industry
- Relevant experience in working with small to medium scale businesses
- Experience in farmer training as well as basic business training
- Strong analytical and communication skills
- Empathy with rural people
- Valid driving license and willingness to travel extensively
- Identification, recruitment, management and support to franchisees in target areas
- Help franchisee develop business plans and work closely with them to ensure implementation and achievement of set targets.
- Identify, network and maintain good relations with stakeholders in assigned region to support livestock farmers.
- Ensure achievement of set goals for the territory and timely reporting of the outcomes.
- Assess emerging needs in the industry and advice on innovative interventions.
- Arrange farmer, pastoralist and franchisee training
2. Animal Health Assistants
Reporting to the Regional Technical Supervisor, the animal health assistants will be based in one of the company’s own centers located in Isiolo, Marsabit, Wajir or Turkana.
They will be tasked with running the day to day operations of the centre and provision of quality extension services to farmers.
- Diploma or certificate in animal health or animal production from a recognized institution
- Previous experience in working in or managing agro-vets will be an added advantage
- Experience in provision of on farm extension service, farmer training, vaccination campaigns etc will be a definite advantage.
- Must be computer literate.
- Motor cycle license desirable.
- Manage the daily operation of the Livestock Service Centre.
- Manage franchisee service and product needs by maintaining accurate records and timely communication.
- Provide quality over the counter and on farm extension to farmers focusing on prevention.
- Attend to in store and on farm clients and build a loyal client base.
- Responsible for ensuring that efficient procurement and stock management practices are observed.
- Collect market and customer information and maintain accurate customer data.
Send your application with a detailed CV to [email protected]
Sidai Africa Ltd
CAFS Centre, Mara Road
P.O Box 64945-00620,
or drop them at any of our outlets in Marsabit, Isiolo, Garissa, Eldoret, Narok or Kericho by COB 28th March 2014.