Shining Hope for Communities Community Programs Officer Job in Kibera Nairobi Kenya
The unique services we offer include sanitary eco-toilets, a library and cyber café, gender violence support, microenterprise for HIV positive women, a youth center, access to water, business and literacy training, and hundreds of jobs.
- Lead the implementation, development, and growth of all community programs (Youth, HIV+ Women Support Program, Adult Education , Economic Empowerment, Water & Sanitation, Community Library and Cyber Cafe).
- Manage program development and strategic growth of all community programs to ensure all programs meet targets and goals
- Organize community events
- Manage reporting and impact measurement for all programs
- Recruit, manage, train, and provide support for community programs staff
- Oversee budget request and approval process
- Develop and execute a marketing plan for community programs with goal of increasing community participation.
- Work with parents and community stakeholders to ensure effectiveness
- Minimum 5 years experience working in community development
- Minimum 3 years work experience in a leadership position focused on community development with management responsibilities
- Passion for Shining Hope’s mission and work and ability to work comfortably in the Kibera slums.
- Program design and evaluation experience
- Excellent organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple responsibilities; comfortable working in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and committed to meeting deadlines and creating and improving processes.
- Willingness to take ownership of projects and significantly drive the progress of the SHOFCO’s community programs
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build relationships with myriad stakeholders at all levels.