SHEQ Manager Job in Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jan 13, 2014
A leading fuel transporter in the East African region is looking for aSafety, Health, Environment and Quality Manager to be stationed in Eldoret.
Net Salary: KShs 80,000
Job Summary: Develop, Monitor and co-ordinate all Safety, Health and Environmental policies, procedures & activities so as to ensure compliance with all relevant legal, Quality Management System and COMPANY requirements.
- Developing a SHEQ communication strategy for the Corporation and staff
- Reviewing Safety Method Statements, initial Environmental Impact Assessments, Environmental Audits and the Company’s training manuals, work instructions and procedures
- Conducting inspections and audits including monitoring and tracking of all SHEQ issues
- Ensuring compliance of the Company with Environmental Health & Safety and ISO standards
- Ensure that all facilities are in compliance with statutory requirements, Quality Management Systems and other internal policies
- Schedule for internal audits and monitor corrective action for deficient findings for completion & effectiveness, providing gap closure assistance
- Developing SHEQ standards and procedures
- Scheduling and preparing for Environmental Health & Safety and quality audits throughout the Company
- Investigating Environmental Health & Safety incidences and ensuring proper documentation of the same
- Liaising with the HR department in initiating and coordinating Environmental Health, Safety and Quality trainings for staff
- Prepare weekly & monthly reports on all SHE related issues
- Provide guidance to all SHEQ Officers, provide coaching and guidance in the performance of their duties and functions
- Any other duties assigned by the Management from time to time
- Degree in Business related field or Logistics, Health and Safety
- Diploma or Certificate in Occupational Safety and Health and Environmental studies
- Certificate in Dangerous goods handling and bulk logistics of Jet A1 and dry cargo
- Five (5) years progressive work experience, two (2) of which should be in the same position
- Experience in ISO implementation will be an added advantage
- DOSH and NEMA Certification will be an added advantage
- Analytical problem solving
- Team player
- Excellent supervisory skills
Applicants who meet the above criteria can send their CVs to [email protected] on or before 20th January 2014.
All applicants should indicate their current salary details.
Applications without salary details will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be contacted.