SHELTER-AFRIQUE Assistant Officer Administration Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Oct 7, 2013
SHELTER-AFRIQUE is a Regional Housing Finance Institution established by African governments and the African Development Bank and dedicated to investment in housing and urban development in African countries.
The current shareholding comprises 44 African countries, The African Development Bank and the Africa Re-Insurance Corporation.
The institution, would like to fill the position of Assistant Officer Administration based at the Headquarters in Nairobi.
Reporting to the Team Leader, Human Resources and Administration, the position holder is responsible for the provision of effective and efficient administrative support services.
Specific responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Supervise the delivery of administrative services at the Head Office.
- Supervise the maintainance of the Head office building and residential property.
- Plan, schedule, and book and confirm travel bookings for staff members, Official visitors and other dignitaries.
- Receive and process and requests for procurement of goods and services for approval by designated officers and the procurement committee.
- Prepare advertisements, and bid documents for procurement of goods and services.
- Originate purchase requisitions and purchase orders on Oracle and obtain requisite approvals.
- Maintain ongoing relations with suppliers and service provides to ensure delivery of quality goods/services and conformity with service level agreements.
- Implement the procurememt policy and ensure delivery of value of money in procurement.
- Assist in the management of transport including planning, allocation and liason with transport service providers.
- Process applications for VAT exemptions and refunds, and follow up refunds from service providers.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience & Key Skills and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Commerce, Business Administration/Management or equivalent qualification from a recognized institution of higher learning.
- Additional qualifications and or experience in procurement /Purchasing and Supply will be an added advantage.
- Minimum three (3) years relevant experience in administration, procurement & logistics preferably gained in a multicultural organization.
- Demonstrate high level of interpersonal, problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Proficiency and exposure to Oracle purchasing module.
- Proficiency in either English or French with and a working knowledge of the other.
Terms of offer:
The position is on general service terms and conditions of service. Shelter-Afrique offers competitive salary and benefits package and a collegial working environment.
Applicants are invited to send their applications addressed to the
Managing Director, Shelter-Afrique,
P.O. Box 41479, Nairobi 00100,
via email to: [email protected]
Applicants should indicate “Application for Assistant Officer Administration” as the subject line of their email submissions which shall be considered until C.O.B 18th October, 2013.
Only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
We invite you to learn more about the position and Shelter-Afrique from our web site: www.shelterafrique.org