Seven Seas Technologies Senior Systems Engineer
Category: Engineering Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Sep 10, 2013
Seven Seas Technologies Senior Systems Engineer – Servers and Storage Job in Kenya
We are a leading provider of integrated business and technology solutions across Africa, in the Financial, Telecom, Real Estate, Service Industries and Government.
We work in partnership with global technology industry leaders and collaborative synergies with domain & technology centric eco-system partners.
We deliver business value to customers through a combination of process excellence, quality frameworks and service delivery innovation.
Due to our rapid expansion, we are seeking a results oriented, highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to fill the following vacant positions;
Senior Systems Engineer – Servers and Storage
Reporting to the Practice Lead- Data Centre, the incumbent will determine the technical solutions architecture according to the company’s sales strategy.
The Senior Systems Engineer – Servers and Storage will work as a technical lead with SST sales teams and business partners.
The position will provide the following services: IT infrastructure consulting, proposal preparation support, technical presentations to customers, and the analysis and design of SST’s complex products and solutions.
Service Delivery –
- Working with an implementation team in project implementation and deployment, which may include overseeing elements of the project or team when assigned.
- The engineer may be called on to take over supervision of implementation tasks assigned and working to ensure proper implementation and troubleshooting if necessary.
- Supervising the implementations of Proof of Concepts (POC) in consultation with the team.
- Technical consultancy and recommendations.
Pre-Sales Activities –
- Working on assigned tenders and/or proposals, providing pre-sales support including assisting in solutions design, preparation of Bills of Materials, preparation of client presentations and assisting in client site surveys.
- All pre-sales tasks will require specialized input as per your skills
- Induction and mentorship of trainees as well as delegated supervisory duties for any students on professional attachment, assigned to the project as assigned by Divisional Manager.
- Assisting in providing post-sales support after project implementation, which will also include managing any support contracts assigned in consultation with the Team Leader and other senior engineers on the project
- Working with the internal support team on any requirements for equipment or systems that need specialization, including implementation and training
- End User support for contractual customers.
- Troubleshooting customer faults to achieve fault resolution for incidents escalated.
Training & Certifications –
- Undergo continuous technical skills update through certification and trainings are required in the engineer’s training roadmap within timelines set.
Qualifications and Competencies
- B.Sc Computer Science / B.Sc Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Solaris Systems Administration skills is a must
- Knowledge of Servers and Storage Technologies is a must
- 3-6 Years experience in servers and Storage technologies especially Sun/Oracle.
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex technical problems with accounts in complex technical environments.
- Linux/Unix skills
- Cisco Unified Computing Systems experience is an added advantage
- Good communication and presentation skills.
- Ability to travel as needed.
- Ability to demonstrate good judgment and decision making
- Project Management experience and certification will be an added advantage.
- Technical Sales experience will be an added advantage.
- Knowledge of High Availability and Business Continuity Technologies will be an added Advantage.
- System Administrator for Solaris 10
- Solaris Network Administration for Solaris 10
- VERITAS Netbackup Specializations
- Oracle SPARC Servers Specializations
- Oracle Exadata Certification will be an added Advantage
- Sun Cluster 3.x Administration Certification will be an added Advantage.
- Oracle Specialization Certifications will be added advantage i.e.
- Oracle Linux Presales specialist
- Oracle Sun Flash Presales Specialist
- Oracle Sun storage 6000 Array Presales Specialist
- Oracle Pillar Axiom 600 Presales Specialization
- VERITAS Storage Foundation 6.0 Presales Expert will be an added Advantage
- VMware Certifications will be an added advantage
- EMC Storage Certifications will be an added Advantage
For the above position, you require to have strong planning and organizing skills with excellent verbal and written communication.
You must also demonstrate the ability to lead teams, projects and make effective decisions.
You must also demonstrate the ability to work in a highly driven environment, be results oriented and an innovative thinker.
Should you fully meet the requirements for the job, please submit your application with a detailed CV to our Careers page on our website www.sevenseastech.com on or before 19th September 2013