Service Technician Job in Dar‐es‐salaam, Tanzania
Job Purpose: The service technician performs the assembly, installation and commissioning of equipment. Troubleshoots and repairs mechanical/electronic problems and/or the built‐in hardware and software control programming, which includes relay control circuits & electronic boards.
- Carry out assembly, installation, commissioning of new equipment and do staff/operator training for the products.
- Timely onsite repairs for machine breakdowns ensuring testing to meet technical specifications.
- Perform quality control tests on repaired equipment as needed.
- Perform any trials with products or demos at customer sites as required.
- Provide technical advice to the customer
- Establish and implement the technical instruction programs for customers.
- Visit worksites on a regular basis to do preventive maintenance on customer contracted equipment according to manufacturers recommended schedules and whenever emergencies arise. During these calls, inspect equipment for faults and completeness.
- Test equipment to determine operational condition.
- Troubleshoot to determine location and extent of equipment faults.
- Repair equipment by adjusting, aligning, repairing, or replacing defective components.
- Inspection and upgrades of used equipment.
- Dismantling of machines for refurbishment or relocation.
- Will support all the new equipment sold to the customers whether he made the sale or was done by someone else.
- Keep one updated about various developments in the related industry •
- Will ensure at all times that the supervisor and the service manager is informed on progress or problems on site, with written reports and checking in the office before leaving site.
- Provide detailed visit reports for customers.
- Prepare, review and consolidate technical and administrative service reports and requests. Updating customers’ data files.
- Be part of the quality assurance process by ensuring defects are detected and stopped before getting to the customer.
- Help in‐house service as required (internal training etc)
- Must have good technical skills
- Excellent trouble shooting skills (should be able to troubleshoot and work independently and have the ability to read and interpret wiring diagrams, schematics and mechanical drawings)
- A hands on and flexible personality with ability to work on electrical and mechanical equipment.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills at all levels.
- Willingness to learn and grow.
- Must be responsible and flexible
- Willingness to work out of hours occasionally.
- Candidate must have strong mechanical aptitude.
- Higher Dip or Dip. /Electrical/ Electronics Eng.
- Gensets servicing & Installations
- Possess a driver’s license.
- 2‐5 years experience
- General computer skills
- Good working knowledge on MS Microsoft office applications, strong presentation skills
- Experience working with a ERP (added advantage)
- Good selling skills (added advantage)