Senior Marketing Officer Vacancy Announcement
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Mar 4, 2014
Dynamic People Consulting is recruiting a Senior Marketing Officer for Riara Group of Schools, a leading learning institution.
The Senior Marketing Officer will develop and implement marketing strategies to ensure that student enrollment targets are met; must demonstrate proven ability to identify business opportunities and deliver effective strategies to generate results.
- Develop marketing strategies in alignment with the Institutions goals, objectives and targets, and provide overall supervision of the implementation process.
- Actively seek opportunities for and develop new business opportunities resulting in the enrolment and retention of students, e.g. collaborations with KEPSHA, KPSA, KSSHA, UNESCO etc.
- Develop, supervise, coach and mentor the marketing team.
- Work collaboratively with a diverse staff team to create and manage inter-departmental, integrated marketing strategies.
- In conjunction with Deans of Schools and other staff, provide writing and editing support for all outbound communication including all promotional materials, website content, social-media content, fliers, brochures, etc.
- Coordinate press releases, advertisement and public relations events and provide updates to the Directors, Management, Students and the public.
- Act as the primary media liaison and any external/internal communication for the University.
- Represent the marketing department in high profile meetings both internally and externally
- Compile reports and disseminate to various stakeholders within the organization.
- Oversee the administrative operations of the marketing department ensuring that the team is getting appropriate support
- Take lead in the identification and implementation of the Corporate Social Responsibility activities
The successful candidate should have the following qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Marketing or related field
- An advanced degree in a relevant discipline will be an added advantage
- Five (5) years relevant experience in Marketing or Business Development
- Demonstrated leadership, team building and supervisory skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills and application of various technologies
- Proven track record in building student enrollment numbers
- Strong organizational skills and work ethic with keen attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment and meet deadlines
- Membership of a relevant professional body
- Willing and able to travel when and if required to do so
If you believe you qualify for this position, please apply for the position by uploading your CV to our website: www.dpckenya.com under Vacancies.