Senior Geologist Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Oct 2, 2013
A recent Kenyan affiliate of an Oil & Gas International company is seeking to recruit an experienced and performance driven Senior Geologist to fill a vacancy that has arisen.
Location:- The job holder will be based in Nairobi with short assignments in the Coastal counties of Lamu, Tana and Kilifi, temporary assignments in Europe and the possibility for eventual expatriation outside Kenya.
Position Purpose:- To work with a Team of geophysicists to rapidly develop basin and prospect evaluations using the most appropriate studies and geological models.
- Developing high quality studies which meet HSE rules and standards while at the same time respecting set timelines/deadlines
- Demonstrable experience of exposure to different exploration and field development challenges in different environment/countries.
- Specialization in any of the following domains; structural, geochemistry, sedimentology, modeling, geo-information will be an added advantage
- Demonstrable experience in field operations
- Participate, develop and co-guarantee the quality of the geo-petroleum evaluation and synthesis of basin/permit/prospect or field studies
- Participate in the evaluation of the resources/risks/uncertainties of the prospects to be drilled
- Draw up and suggest technical exploration programs that reduce risks and to highlight the estimated resources
- Contribution to Validation of well location, geological well proposal and work programs (data acquisition)
- Contribute to validation of the reliability of well results, analysis and interpretation (final well reports and post-mortem)
- Integration, recommendation and conclusions following acquisition of data, conclusions of geological studies including modeling studies
- Prepare and work on new evaluation methods, ensure study objectives are kept in mind in with specific focus on costs and deadlines
- Maintain and guarantee the quality of regional knowledge (knowledge management)
- From time to time will be expected to act as representative of the geological discipline vis–vis partners and government authorities
- May from time to time take part in external teaching and/or training actions and/or technical communication
- Issue recommendations to Technical division management and, if required, to higher management levels
- Prepare/validate technical specifications
- To possess minimum skills in Geophysics
- To participate and provide support in preparation of budgets and planning.
- To develop and maintain relationships with the authorities, partners and other stakeholders is a key factor for the success of the company.
- Master of Earth Sciences (or equivalent)
- Minimum 7 years experience within petroleum exploration and/or development department as petroleum geologist.
- Good experience in petroleum basin, prospect and field resources evaluation, risk and uncertainty assessments and possession of a strong geological background
- Good geographical knowledge of the Coastal counties (Lamu, Tana & Kilifi) will be an added advantage
- Flexibility to travel for long periods locally and also abroad
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- Focused individual who possesses excellent analytical skills, is creative and innovative by nature, pays great attention to detail and is a team player
- To be a team leader who possesses excellent communication skills, high level of integrity and honesty
- Demonstrable ability to socialize and building a network with various geosciences stakeholders is a must as well.
Interested candidates who meet the set criteria may send their applications enclosing detailed CV’s, copies of academic certificates, testimonials and daytime telephone contact so as to reach the address below by Monday 14th October 2013.
P.O. BOX 49010 – 00100
P.O. BOX 49010 – 00100
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted