Senior Environment Management & Sustainability Officer: Safaricom Kenya
Reporting to the Senior Manager- Sustainability Reporting & Environmental Compliance, job holder will carry out environmental due diligence and risk assessment of network operations and also support sustainability initiatives in the company.
- In Liaison with the Senior Manager-Sustainability Reporting & Environment Compliance support in development and management of Safaricom Environmental Management Policy;
- Carry out environmental due diligence for all Safaricom facilities, retail centers and BTS sites;
- Ensuring Safaricom’s active participation in environmental initiatives through the relevant fora;
- Support sustainability initiatives and reporting in the company;
- Ensure staff involvement and participation in the environmental and Sustainability initiatives;
- Ensuring community engagement in the EIA/EA process;
- Tracking of Safaricom’s compliance with EMCA 1999 and the subsequent regulations with special focus and reference to the EIA/EA regulations
- Bachelor’s degree in Natural Resource Sciences, Environmental studies;
- A postgraduate degree, diploma or certificates in courses in environmental matters within a highly technical industry will be an added advantage;
- A registered associate lead environmental expert registered with NEMA;
- Excellent knowledge of EMCA 1999 and the subsequent regulations At least 3 years experience in the environmental compliance sector for the manufacturing, construction or ICT sector or large scale industry; 1 of which should be in process management ;
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT regulatory environment.
If you feel that you are up to the challenge and posses the necessary qualification and experience please send your resume and application letter indicating your experience and why you are the most suitable candidate for the role clearly quoting the job title to the address below. The deadline for application is Monday the 7th of November 2011.
The Senior Manager – Talent Acquisition
Via E-mail to:[email protected]