Senior Chief Accountant Job in Nairobi Kenya
Category: General Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Feb 20, 2014
Position: Senior Chief Accountant
Our client one of the most respected paint manufacturing companies with a well-developed countrywide network of distributors and manufactures of world class paints seeks to recruit a Senior Chief Accountant to fill one position, shared between the two companies who are on the same compound and report to the two Managing Directors of the two companies and shall manage the two Chief Accountants in each organisation.
- Supervise and guide the accounts operations to ensure the timely and accurate maintenance of accounts
- Prepare and document monthly profit and loss statements to be presented to the board
- Prepare operational management Accounts in accordance to the processes
- Develop financial data/tools to provide accurate information to the CEO, board and senior management team
- Monitor the management of payroll and payments of suppliers
- Performing accounting for capital projects from initiation to capitalisation as fixed assets
- Analyse actual versus budget cost variances
- Report and account on any new changes in the production process
- Analyse financial reports, cash flow and budget to assist senior management executives in enhancing performance
- Coordinate timely fulfilment of tax returns and various audits
- Planning,directing,organising and synchronising the financial functions of the organisation by applying financial/ accounting principles
- Evaluate the organisations fiscal performance and advice on long term financial planning
- Gather and collect financial data to prepare, recommend and predict future financial and operations analysed adequacy of capital, ability to pay debts and other solvency related issues
- Analyse financial information and reports to provide financial recommendation to management for decision making
- Analyse current and past trends in key performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost of sales, expenses and capital expenditure to increase productivity
Reporting and Budgetary Control:
- Prepared Management and treasury reports in accordance to IFRS and IAS
- Ensured that the company’s Management accounts and information systems are comprehensive, accurate and up to date.
- Liaise with the external Auditors during continuous and end of year audits.
- Analyse the departmental expenditure reports and providing feedback to various departments on the performance levels vis-à-vis budget and suggesting corrective and improvement measures
- Track, oversee, review and implement corrective action plans geared towards business performance improvement
- Formulate and establish associated Finance KPIs in line with the corporate objectives
- Support the development, implementation and initiatives for continual improvement of business operational performance, rock solid reporting and tightened internal controls.
- Computed and remitted Taxes and statutory returns
- Ensured compliance of all Tax issues and finalized KRA audit issues
Sage Pastel version 11 role:
- Troubleshot on issues and confirmed alternative solutions where the stated design needed modification due to technical constraints within the System
- Recommended changes and impact on agreed requirements and design to the appropriate decision making forum for resolution (i.e. In-country Deployment Lead, Finance and Supply Chain Managers).
- Review data cleansing activities to ensure that any Finance specific data object issues are resolved
- Support the role mapping exercise and ensuring that the Finance roles are mapped accurately
- Review and provide input to the training curriculum for Finance and confirm training requirements for Finance
Qualifications and Competences
- Must be a holder of a Degree with Finance or accounting Option from a reputable university
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA K)
- Computer skills and knowledge of: – MS-Word, Ms-Excel, Ms-Project and Sage Pastel
- Knowledge of SAP is an added advantage
- Have good presentation skills to be able to present to the board of directors.
- A strong commercial sense in order to practically interpret the financial records in terms of revenues and costs.
- Five years of accounting experience in middle level management
To apply, send your cover letter and CV only with no other attachments to [email protected] before 22nd February, 2014.
Clearly indicate the position applied for and the minimum salary expectation on the subject line.