Senior Business Development Executive Job in Kenya
Reporting to: Sales Manager
Our client, a leading manufacturer of Cold Formed Steel Sections, Hot Dipped Galvanized Pipes, Plates, UPVC Pipes, HDPE Pipes and PP-R pipes and fittings seeks 3 Business Development Executives who will plan, manage and deliver on driving Sales targets and overall revenue target enabling successful short, medium and long term alignment and customer satisfaction.
- Developing new markets and driving sales strategies and targets in order to drive company’s Strategic objective of becoming and maintaining market leadership in the region.
- Development Executives will also be responsible for creating and delivering the sales strategy for the company in the East Africa region
- Developing and driving product knowledge on the steel industry, company products, trends, trade shows, conferences and other Steel industry related activities.
- Analyze customers profiles in order to identify cross-sales and up-selling opportunities, and recommending end to end solutions depending on their customer profile.
- Foster relationships with key account contacts ensuring the company’s Steel market share is maintained and opportunities for growth are exploited.
- Focus on technical, market and sales development activities required to jointly go to market with complete, competitive solutions for current products.
- Provide insights and market intelligence on the Steel industry from customer visits, market reports, published data etc for Management reporting.
- Work with the head of segment on sales forecasting and sales expansion plans within the region.
- Bachelor’s degree or a Diploma in Engineering (Structural, Civil, Mechanical) or equivalent technical qualification from a reputable learning institution.
- At least 4 years’ experience in sales and negotiating skills of steel products or related industry products.
- Experience in import and export within the steel or related industry will be an advantage.
- Good Influencing, negotiation, analytical and Interpersonal Skills.
- Good communication, presentation and report writing skills.
- Proficiency in English, proficiency in French will be an added advantage.
- Ability to develop and maintain relationships with clients and commercial partners.
- Proven aptitude in liaising, negotiating, influencing, presentation skills and establishing a credible consultative role on all aspects of closing deals with key external clients.
- Possess competency in strategic planning, and excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- demonstrate ability to be independent & self-driven in a highly driven environment
- Results oriented and an innovative thinker.