Senior Accountant Job in Kenya – Catholic Archdiocese of Mombasa
Advertisement for a Senior Accountant Position
The Catholic Secretariat of Mombasa is the Catholic Archdiocese of Mombasa (CAM) Administrative, facilitative and coordinative arm through which the CAM implements and coordinates various pastoral programs at the Archdiocese level and undertakes all those responsibilities which express the mission of the Catholic Church.
The organization is seeking for an outstanding, dynamic and result-oriented individual to fill the position of a Senior Accountant who shall be responsible for maintaining highest levels of integrity, quality and timeliness in financial reporting, in compliance with the organization’s internal policies, Regulatory requirements and donor rules and regulations.
- Overseeing the accounting function including budgeting, cash flow management, payroll, management periodic reporting’s, asset records management, financial variance and accounts analysis, compliance with various legal requirements regarding licenses, rates, labor laws and tax returns, and also facilitating annual external audits; all these, in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles, financial policies and procedures of CAM and all other applicable laws, rules and guidelines.
- Managing the accounting department and overall supervision over the maintenance of accounting records in the QuickBooks accounting system.
- Continuous enhancement of internal control policies and procedures, and administering them; including interpreting and explaining applicable rules, laws and regulations to other department heads and staff.
- Assisting in the development and adherence of current and long-term organizational goals and objectives as well as policies and procedures for the organization.
- An undergraduate degree in accounting or finance and a qualified Accountant with CPA (K).
- A minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a not for profit organization.
- Experience in implementing and utilizing QuickBooks accounting software.
- Exposure to International Financial Reporting Standards.
- Is a committed Catholic, with good recommendation from own Parish Priest
- Is a person of attested integrity, with high degree of stewardship of resources
- Excellent analytical, organizational, interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Result oriented, self-motivated and energetic.
The Human Resource Manager,
Archdiocese of Mombasa
Box 84425 – 80100