Senior Accountant Job in Kenya – Salary 120,000-140,000
Category: Accountancy Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Jun 3, 2013
Our client is in the exploration industry.
They are looking for a Senior Account to assist in financial reporting on ongoing operations as well as G&A reporting.
S/he will be in charge of fixed assets record management.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Prepare the required reports for ongoing exploration and/or drilling projects in East Africa in liaison with the Senior Accountant and the London project accounting team including Madagascar, Ethiopia, Seychelles and Tanzania.
- Develop and provide project variances, trending and analysis of expenditures and completions of reports
- Prepare cashflow forecasts for ongoing operations and feed them into the regional cashflow projection
- Prepare and maintain the office and field fixed assets register for the East African entities
- Maintain a memorandum register for assets not within the threshold of the fixed assets
- Ensure timely payments and filing of the returns as per the regulations governing the specific East African entities being Kenya
- Assist in the budget preparation exercise through collating of information form various departments and onward input in the system
- Maintaining monthly G&A expense tracking reports and highlight causes of major variances; by tracking administrative expenses
- Follow up for timely processing of invoices for seismic, drilling and materials
- Timely capture into the system of all transitions to ensure smooth monthly period closure
- Ensure all project-related programs are properly coded as required by the project accounting team
- Ensure invoices for assets are fully supported by POs and appropriately matched by the organizations procurement system
- Monthly reconciliation of the general ledger account balances
- During cost recovery audits and/or statutory audits, provide all the support required by the auditors in liaison with the Senior Accountant
- Filing and maintaining corporate documentation to ensure they are in the right place
- Any other duties as may be assigned by the Senior Accountant or Country Manager
- An Undergraduate degree
- Completed certification/studying towards CPA (K) or ACCA
- At least three years experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft programs such as MS Word, MS Excel and MS PowerPoint
- Good report writing and presentation skills
- Critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Attention to detail
- Strong planning and organising skills including a thorough and methodical approach and ability to prioritise
- Ability to achieve results through others
- Ability to work well with others
If you meet the above requirements send your CV only, to [email protected], indicating the title (Senior Accountant Salary 120-140k) on the subject line.