Senior Accountant, Inventory & Finance Analyst Kenya
The successful candidate’s principal purpose will be the review and analysis of inventory accruals, inventory provisions and cost of production.
This is a 6 month assignment though there may however be an opportunity to extend the length of the contract
- Reconcile all inventory control accounts (Goods In Transit, Finished Goods, Clearing accounts, Inventory Accruals)
- Maintain provisions for all expired , slow-moving and obsolete stocks
- Maintain proper inventory deferrals for variances, Exchange Gains and Losses (EGOL) and Purchase Price Variance (PPV)
- Work out standard costs for all locally manufactured items.
- Analyze and review manufacturing variances and recoveries
- Compile and Circulate monthly GMS overheads and discuss major variances to plan with functional owners
- Prepare budgeting templates and provide budgeting support to GMS
- Review Unison actual numbers for GMS
- Submit the GMS Dashboard monthly and plan data
- Present GMS Financials to Senior Leadership Team in absence of GMS Financial Controller
- A business related degree and CPA (K) or ACCA qualification
- At least two years experience in inventory and financial analysis. Candidates who have experience within a manufacturing unit will have an added advantage.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, thorough knowledge of IFRS especially in relation to inventories, understanding of the standard costing process and theory.
- Refined ability to work under minimum supervision.
P O Box 6416, Nairobi, GPO 00100
Email: [email protected]
Only short listed candidates will be contacted!