Seeking: International NGOs, Somali Civil Society Organizations, Consulting Firms and Institutions working on Governance and Peacebuilding in Somalia
USAID Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program
The Transition Initiatives for Stabilization (TIS) program is funded by USAID and responds to the complex crisis that has evolved in Somalia and the self-declared Republic of Somaliland.
The overall program goal is to mitigate conflict; to promote stability and community cohesion, and to strengthen citizen-government relationships.
TIS implements quick impact activities linked to longer-term stabilization goals. DAI, an international development organization is currently implementing TIS in Somaliland, Puntland, Gedo, Lower Juba, Bay and Galgaduud.
To support the Federal Government of Somalia’s bottom up reconciliation and peacebuilding efforts, the TIS program is currently seeking experienced International NGOS, Somali Civil Society Organizations, and Consortiums of Peacebuilding networks to facilitate social reconciliation/trauma healing processes aimed at breaking cycles of violence by providing safe spaces for communities
to explore issues of trauma and healing to achieve community conflict transformation.
Promote community dialogue around social reconciliation and trauma healing to help break cycles of violence by providing safe spaces for communities to explore issues of trauma, community healing and forgiveness to achieve conflict transformation.
- Minimum 5 years of experience facilitating peacebuilding, trauma healing and social reconciliation processes in Somalia and/or the Kenya-Somalia border area.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the complex political and conflict dynamics in Somalia.
- Key Personnel with Somali language proficiency preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the security and operating environment and ability to manage all logistical arrangements for this activity.
- In-depth knowledge of lessons learned in peacebuilding and reconciliation in Somalia and sound understanding of “Do No Harm” principles.
Please send an Expression of Interest (EOI) with
1) an organizational profile and
2) three professional references
Please ensure that the email title for your application is “Promote Social Reconciliation Processes through Trauma Healing in Somalia.”
Deadline for receipt of EOI’s is February 3, 2014 at 4:00 PM local time.
If your organization is shortlisted, TIS will send you a detailed Scope of Work for this activity.
Please note only short listed organizations will be contacted.