Seed Company Job in Kenya – Accountant
Category: Accountancy Jobs in Kenya
Posted: Aug 23, 2013
Seed Company Lead Accountant Job in Kenya
Our client is a leading seed company in Africa with breeding, production and distribution interests in 16 African markets.
They are looking for a highly qualified individual to join its Kenyan team to assume the following key and rewarding role;
Position Purpose: To support financial decision-making information by collecting, analyzing, investigating and reporting financial data.
- Working with all departments and the management team to help make financial decisions.
- Preparing monthly statements by collecting data, analyzing and investigating variances, summarizing data, information and trends.
- Design and implement internal control procedures.
- Plan and supervise the activities of the staff in the Accounts department.
- Providing financial advice by studying operational issues; applying financial principles and practices, developing recommendations.
- Oversee internal and external audits.
- Inventory Management.
- Preparing monthly reports by studying variances; preparing budgets; developing forecasts for all stakeholders – Management, board, banks, auditors.
- Support the Administration/HR function.
Minimum Education & Experience:
- Bachelors degree in Accounting or Finance.
- CPA (K) or equivalent.
- 4 years in a busy environment with at least 2 years in a supervisory role.
- Experience in a manufacturing or processing set up – Knowledge of stock management is key
- Knowledge in tax computation.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to communicate and manage well at all levels of the organization and with staff at remote locations essential.
- Strong problem solving and creative skills and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- IT literate. Experience with the use of ACCPAC will be an added advantage• Good team leadership and motivation skills
- Ability to work under intense pressure
Qualified applicants should email their applications, attaching a detailed curriculum vitae and a letter indicating why they are interested in and qualified for the position, their current remuneration details and the names of three referees who can provide confidential assessment of their capabilities to a Search Committee.
All communications relating to applications for this position should be sent to: [email protected], under the subject Management Accountant Position.
Applications should be received by 5.00p.m on Aug 30th 2013.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.